No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen Alpha go on eBay for pretty reasonable prices. I think the SF6 one is pretty gaudy, but I don't mind gaudy. I'd just hate to be stuck with a stick branded with a game I don't like. I have high hopes for SF6 though!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Kind of a bummer to see this after just dropping the best part of £300 with them on a pre-order that isn't shipping for weeks still. Rather than just cancelling outright and re-ordering, I've sent them an email and am hoping they're feeling reasonable.
      Top marks to AWUK. They've emailed me this morning to say they'll apply the discount as a goodwill gesture.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        I have some gaming peers about a decade younger than me that are really about the hit box etc. While it certainly is an advantage over a lever I enjoy the novelty of a lever. I'm not the best stick user but it took me a good few years to do inputs without really thinking about it so I think I'll be stubborn and stick with it.
        I have 30 odd years of muscle memory and with me being 43 next month, I think I'm way too old to be learning a new control system!

Comment

Had a few new arrivals last week.

Comment

Ooof, £230 for that Hori Stick Alpha?

I know that's not expensive in fighting game enthusiast terms, but I'm still finding the options at the £100-end of the scale for SF6 to be a bit limited.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Ooof, £230 for that Hori Stick Alpha?

I know that's not expensive in fighting game enthusiast terms, but I'm still finding the options at the £100-end of the scale for SF6 to be a bit limited.
              You can get a PS4 HRAP 4 Kai/V/N for around £80-120 and they work on PS4/5/PC.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                You can get a PS4 HRAP 4 Kai/V/N for around £80-120 and they work on PS4/5/PC.
                Where? Only 2 in stock on Amazon are £150 and one of those only supports Switch.

Comment

Where? Only 2 in stock on Amazon are £150 and one of those only supports Switch.
                  Cex have a few in stock. The RAP 4 Kai is £75 there.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                    Cex have a few in stock. The RAP 4 Kai is £75 there.
                    Nah, it's gotta be new. These devices receive a lot of punishment.

Comment

Nah, it's gotta be new. These devices receive a lot of punishment.
                      Fair enough. Though saying that I've got 5, two of which are my daily drivers and all were bought used. Never had an issue.

Comment

Went searching for a PS4 stick tonight as I’ve been playing a few shooters on the system quite a lot lately. Jeez-oh! When did they all get so expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Went searching for a PS4 stick tonight as I’ve been playing a few shooters on the system quite a lot lately. Jeez-oh! When did they all get so expensive?
                          When Hori consolidated its PS4/5 product line into one stick, sadly. I doubt we'll see a rise in demand for arcade sticks like when SF4 launched as people that own licensed PS4 sticks are sorted for this coming generation. Mad Catz isn't the same company any more, MarkMan left Razer and Qanba are charging even more than they were previously. Going used will be the most cost effective option.

I'll go ahead and post this link here too because I think it is a steal. Someone listed a Venom stick a few days ago with an LS-40 and sanwa buttons swapped in and is basically selling it for the cost of those parts. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195727342574

Comment

Guys, just make your own stick like this beauty I put together and posted last year.
                            Solid metal case, heafty weight and full Sanwa part all running via a Brook Universal Fighting Board. You can get Brook adapters that will allow this stick to work on anything if it doesn't naturally.

Comment

Loving that set-up Mark ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                Guys, just make your own stick like this beauty I put together and posted last year.
                                Solid metal case, heafty weight and full Sanwa part all running via a Brook Universal Fighting Board. You can get Brook adapters that will allow this stick to work on anything if it doesn't naturally.

You say that as if it isn't a considerable expense.

The UFB alone is an £85 item, which won't support PS5 without an adapter or add on board.

Comment

Working...
                                X