No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw that doing the rounds too and have to admit that if I find one readily available it might be a tempting proposition for the Switch. Eva dorks are such marks, I swear

Comment

That is basically a clone of a TE2. The PCB isn't licensed or anything so you need to plug a controller into the USB port on the front when used with PS4. Bit overpriced for what it is, cool though.

Comment

I might try to find one when I’m in Japan in October. “Honestly customs officer san I always travel to Japan with my Eva 01 stick and haven’t just bought it”

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I saw that doing the rounds too and have to admit that if I find one readily available it might be a tempting proposition for the Switch. Eva dorks are such marks, I swear
          You don't want to just spray another and swap sticks/buttons? Seems pricey

Comment

The new Razor Leverless controller looks sexy as hell. I can't find any decent pictures of it but it was just shown if on a SF6 launch stream.

Been looking to try one, this might be the one to get.

Comment

Originally posted by wargame View Post
              The new Razor Leverless controller looks sexy as hell. I can't find any decent pictures of it but it was just shown if on a SF6 launch stream.

Been looking to try one, this might be the one to get.
              Precise✅ Optical✅ Portable✅ The new all-button arcade controller is better suited for playing fighting games than the classic joystick.

Comment

I just can’t get my head around these leverless controllers. Must take ages to get used to let alone get good with them. Do they really offer so much of an advantage?
                Last edited by CMcK; 01-06-2023, 21:48.

Comment

I am just watching Tokido stream SF6 and he has a camera set up to show have movement, and it looks like you have to use different fingers for different buttons on movement, I am not sure I am that dexterous.

Input is supposed to be more precise and you can more easily take advantage of shortcuts , you can easily do a Dragon Punch with just two button taps, so some sales advantage.

Comment

Hitboxes remind me of when I used to play SF2 using my keyboard.

The keyboard had its own foibles - you couldn't press more than a few keys at the same time - but it was a lot less tiring than a joypad, especially for charge characters. Also, there were fewer incorrect inputs/random jumps owing to the fact that each direction was a separate button.

I'm sure hitboxes are the same in that regard so I can definitely see the appeal.

I was surprised by the jump button being down there but that's so you can use your left or right thumb to press it.

Comment

It's a bold interface but I can't see me trying one of those lever-less jobbies ... need to be like Richard Clayderman to knock out a decent combo.

Comment

I'd be curious to try one, lots of use would be used to tapping out button presses for combos so it could be similar muscle memory.
                        That razer stick looks interesting too, and could offer a lot of options if it runs the similar software to the other peripherals. I have setup a huntsman mini with red optical switches for the wife and its a lovely keyboard to use.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          I just can’t get my head around these leverless controllers. Must take ages to get used to let alone get good with them. Do they really offer so much of an advantage?
                          When you put the time in there are honestly just a few set plays/reactions to whatever’s going on, the higher you climb the less random matches become. When you get those reactions and plays into muscle memory it’d be plain sailing.

Comment

I am just trying to learn how to perfect parry / drive rush on SF6 and I think double tapping forward on a button for the drive parry would be a game changer. On a stick dash is a bit awkward and the game seems built round this mechanic.

Seriously considering you now, bit silly they didn't get this out for launch considering that would be the optimal time when folks would be looking to invest in a new controller.

Comment

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Max and friends show off the sticks for a second here, they have a sexy light around the edge and look really smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                                https://clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulExcit...H8UelS5evWiHmx

Max and friends show off the sticks for a second here, they have a sexy light around the edge and look really smart.
                                Sadly GameStop has a listing for $300 so they're rather expensive. I wonder if Sony hiked the licensing cost for PS5 support.

Comment

Working...
                                X