Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the box is from here

Comment

Had a scare an hour ago when the RT button on my TE stick stopped working mid-match.

Fortunately a reboot of the 360 seemed to fix it up but hope it's not an indication a problem in the long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
        I think the box is from here
        Looks nice eh, not too costly either i think. Wouldn't be hard once you got the case, that coffee one has the Madcatz arcade stick pcb in it.

Comment

To think "I know, I'll put a window of coffee beans on it", is just genius I've just selotaped teabags to the top of my TE stick. It's mingin'

Comment

Lol, would love to see a pic

Comment

Anywhere on Earth I can get a 360 Tournament stick other than ebay
              Last edited by snk; 09-03-2009, 19:13.

Comment

Had to laugh earlier on, was browsing my Amazon recommendations and it came up with a tournament stick. It said 'not in stock, used prices start at £400'. Hahahaha...

Comment

Had an email from Gremlin today saying they have shipped my bits.

Comment

Deffo noticing a difference i quality between the stick and the buttons on the ps3 hrap3, much to my suprise. As its such a cheap and easy click out click in mod im thinking about replacing the buttons if im going to notice a difference? Am i? Should i stick with sanwa or another make of buttons? Overall its a nice bit of kit, slightly let down by the buttons and a little cheap finishing ie the face plate looks nasty (cardboard lol!) and the chrome faceplate screw head covers dont exactly scream 'arcade pro' anyway, anybody answer my Q's? please?

Comment

I prefer Seimitsu buttons, but you may not (I play shooters not fighting games - I also like square or diamond shaped restrictor plates rather than octagonal ones).

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                        anybody answer my Q's? please?
                        From an earlier post of mine (re: HRAP EX);

I swapped out the stock Hori buttons in my EX yesterday for Sanwas and despite me being perfectly happy with the Hori buttons, the Sanwas are noticably better. In comparison the stock Horis feel a bit spongy, whereas the Sanwas feel precise and clicky, like they 'connect' with minimum effort. Definitely nicer to use ...

Comment

Yeah, thats what im feeling too, a bit spongy, thanks. What difference would there be between sanwa's and seimitsu's that c mentioned, any major difference in feel?

Comment

I asked JamesS about his Seimitsu buttons earlier in this thread and he said...

Originally posted by JamesS
                            The buttons are a touch firmer than the Sanwa ones, it seems, with you needing more of a definite press to trigger them. I think I actually prefer that, as I have triggered the Sanwa ones accidentally a few times. They're a vast improvement on the Hori buttons, which I really didn't like at all.
                            I have a SFIV TE FightStick with Sanwa buttons. They're very repsonsive and what I like best about them is that you can slide/wash/wave your hand across all the buttons smoothly without obstruction. This is good for mashing out of dizzies (in SF) etc. I don't think you can do that with Seimitsu, though. Due to there "firmness".

Yes, you can easily accidently press a sanwa in as they are really responsive. The slightest touch lol. I really like them. It's a characteristic that cries out quality to me. My Hori is a bit plop in comparison.

I reckon if you're going to be using it for shmups more, then maybe the Seimitsus are a better choice?
                            Last edited by hudson; 15-03-2009, 10:17.

Comment

Having used both the Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons quite a bit now, I definitely prefer the Sanwa for SF. The Seimitsu have just a bit too much resistance for me.

Comment

I recently replaced the Sanwa buttons in my TE stick for some Seimitsus.

As hoolak says you can literally slide your hand over the Sanwas and they respond (almost like they are touch sensitive). The Seimitsus are equally responsive but need definite pressure applied to register.

I'm more into general arcade gaming than fighters (and suffer from 'lazy' fingers) so the Seimitsus work better for me I think.

I think you'd be more than happy with either brand if you decide to upgrade though. Which is best? - really a matter of personal taste.

From a cosmetic point of view Seimitsus have an edge as there is a much wider range of finishes (transparent, pearlescent etc.).

I can send you 1 of each brand for you to fit if you wanted to 'try before you buy'?
                                Last edited by tom-nook; 15-03-2009, 10:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X