No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any sticks commercially available that work on both PS3 and 360? Or do you have to get a custom made one?

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
      I recently replaced the Sanwa buttons in my TE stick for some Seimitsus.

As hoolak says you can literally slide your hand over the Sanwas and they respond (almost like they are touch sensitive). The Seimitsus are equally responsive but need definite pressure applied to register.

I'm more into general arcade gaming than fighters (and suffer from 'lazy' fingers) so the Seimitsus work better for me I think.

I think you'd be more than happy with either brand if you decide to upgrade though. Which is best? - really a matter of personal taste.

From a cosmetic point of view Seimitsus have an edge as there is a much wider range of finishes (transparent, pearlescent etc.).

I can send you 1 of each brand for you to fit if you wanted to 'try before you buy'?
      thanks for the offer no need tho. By the sounds of things seimitsus sound more like what id be after, i wouldnt like the sanwas by the sound of things. Thanks for your help everyone, appriciate it.
      Last edited by SuperDanX; 15-03-2009, 12:05.

Comment

I posted here 8 days ago saying I had an email from Gremlin Solutions informing me that my order (Stick, wires and buttons) had been depsatched via First Class Royal Mail. However, I'm still waiting.

Just emailed them back

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
          I posted here 8 days ago saying I had an email from Gremlin Solutions informing me that my order (Stick, wires and buttons) had been depsatched via First Class Royal Mail. However, I'm still waiting.

Just emailed them back
          You might be waiting for a while. I've e-mailed them four times over the last week with a basic query and they haven't responded yet. Hardly inspires confidence... I wouldn't mind but all I want to know is pricing and postage information.

On that note, are there any other suppliers of Sanwa/Seimitsu parts in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
            Not that I know of ... but for anyone wanting Sanwa buttons fast, this might be worth keeping an eye on;

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
              Not that I can think of but Arcadeshop ship to the UK & arent that expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                Not that I can think of but Arcadeshop ship to the UK & arent that expensive...

http://www.arcadeshop.de/?gclid=CJGo...FQ2ZQwod5hl9KA
                I used them recently and they were great.

Replied to my e-mails within a couple of hours, my order shipped approx. 2-3 days after it was placed and arrived 2 days after that (they ship via a courier firm). All packaged up very nicely too in a sturdy box.
                Last edited by tom-nook; 19-03-2009, 11:43.

Comment

Well my bits came yesterday from Gremlin and it took less then an hour to get them in. The only annoying bit was the Stick cable becuase mine was totally smoothered in glue.

Comment

nice work. Just wondering if you use voice when using that stick? I find with my SE stick the voice is really tinny and crap compared with the voice through the EX2 and the 360 pads

Comment

Just been browsing this thread. I have a 360 and would like the best Arcade stick for under £80. What one would I need to get? I don't want to do any modding just buy one brand new.

Have they fixed the washer-problem with the Madkatz SE stick yet?

Thanks I'd really appreciate if someone could help. I wish I could just get an adaptor to use my Dreamcast stick.

Can you actually buy any brand new? I was thinking stocks may have run out. Who are these people who are buying sticks for £200 on Ebay? are they mad? my 360 cost me £150 brand new (with extra controller and 2 games). Why are sticks so much - I really don't understand. Surely it doesn't cost much to make them. You can buy a bike for less.

Comment

[QUOTE=buzz909;1513707 Who are these people who are buying sticks for £200 on Ebay? are they mad? my 360 cost me £150 brand new (with extra controller and 2 games). Why are sticks so much - I really don't understand. Surely it doesn't cost much to make them. You can buy a bike for less.[/QUOTE]

but try doing a spinning bird kick on a bike tho.
                        Last edited by SuperDanX; 21-03-2009, 17:04.

Comment

You think £200 for a stick is mad? I've seen TE's being bid up to £300-odd and maybe more on eBay.

I'd say get the Hori EX2 stick. Amazon sometimes gets them in stock, they're only £40 and I love my EX2.

SE stick is crappety-crap unless you're willing to plonk down the £40 or for Sanwa parts. Mine is back in the box and I'm using the EX2 until the Sanwas arrive.

I'm assuming they've sorted the problem if they've been manufacturing more units since the first batch. I had to superglue mine myself.

Comment

With a Hori HRAP EX on my shelf and now a Madcatz TE on the way, I've been wondering just how future-proof these pricey mother's are.

USB seems fairly universal now but there's no guarantee the next generation of consoles are going to utilise them. If these sticks weren't 100% compatible with Microsoft's (or Sony's) next systems i'd be gutted.

Comment

Well in MS's case so far their two consoles have been incompatible whereas you can still use the first ever PS1 pad on a PS3.

I suppose there's a chance they could both go full wireless. A lot can happen in the next few years so who knows?.

Comment

Thanks for the help with the stick I will go for a Hori EX2

lol - yes you can't do a spinning bird kick on a bike, but it has a lot more moving parts and material than an arcade stick. Here's a novel idea - why not just make more of them - surely its good business sense to actually make money.

Comment

Working...
                                X