No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great, something else I need to buy Cheers for the info, never heard of that before!

Comment

Spags, your stick looks ace. Congratz.

How did you go about applying the artwork?

Comment

Laminated it at work, cut it out and lined the back with strips of sticky-back plastic (double sided sticky tape like what they use on Blue Petter) which worked very well. I probably could have put the screws under the art tbh as its strong stuff, but figured the extra hold couldn't hurt!
        Last edited by spagmasterswift; 06-04-2009, 08:57.

Comment

Retro stick question: is Sega's official arcade stick for the Dreamcast worth a punt? I've never used an arcade stick before, and I'm thinking the DC one looks like a nice 'n' easy introduction. It's be nice to get away from the standard DC d-pad when playing Third Strike as well.

Comment

yeah its fine for an official stick, not sanwa parts in it , but it does the job.

Try and get it for under 30 quid as its not worth much more, some people seem to think its rare or something.

Comment

Got a quick question, managed to pick up a PS3 Mad Catz Street Fighter 4 stick (Not TE) from Gamestation and wondered how it compaired to a Hori FS3?

The reason I ask is my FS3 is fine for my gaming needs and just want to make sure the SF4 stick isn't much if any worse.

Comment

Depends on who you ask, I guess. I couldn't stand it until I put the Sanwas in, now it's fine, but there are others on here who think it's ok or even good. You might also have to do the superglue mod, too, if they haven't fixed it and manufactured a new batch, that is.

Comment

I'll look into the glue mod when I get home but I personally don't think I'd need to put sanwa parts in or anything is I really don't play at a high level at all and as I said the FS3 was fine for me so a long as it's not really any worse than the FS3 I'm more than happy.

Just didn't want to have bought a terrible stick really.

Comment

I don't play to a high level at all but I was actually genuinely upset when I got my SE stick as I just sat there wondering where the £70 went (of course, I knew where the £70 went, it went on making the button holes and stick mount Sanwa-compatible). I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, seeing as you've already bought it and you may find it's just fine.

In my opinion, 360's Hori EX2 (and, I assume, the FS3 as I imagine they all use the same parts. I did have an FS3 but used it all of five minutes so can't really say for sure) wees all over the stock Mad Catz SE. It's perfect now with the Sanwas in. I'd at least recommend buying a Sanwa stick for £20-odd and putting it in, if not doing the whole lot.

See how you feel with it, anyway. I imagine even now you could still get at least what you paid for it so you can't lose either way.

Comment

Ok thanks very much will definately look into sanwa parts if it's not hugely expensive and is worthwhile, if not I'll just eBay it and get myself a second FS3.

(Using my phone Internet at the moment so a bit limited in what I can type)

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

No probs, good luck!

Comment

If anyone is still waiting on a Hori EX2 or lookign for a fightstick it appears that Hori have jumped on the Blazblue wagon & releasing a special Edition stick...

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Thinking about ordering one to replace my EX2 as it looks lots prettier

Neil

Comment

Doesn't look like they've made any effort with that at all and when you consider what PS3 owners will be getting, it looks overpriced. Just a different piece of artwork, and probably a different box. FFS, would it have killed them to change the green balltop for a blue one?

Comment

The PS3 one is a Hori Real Arcade Pro done with a faceplate, whereas the XB360 one is just an EX2.
                              Last edited by Holio; 12-04-2009, 15:29.

Comment

Oh well screwed again on the 360 Stick then

It's a shame that they didnt just rebrand the Death Smiles HRAP EX SE I'd have been all over that like a cheap suit if they did.

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X