An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by endo View Post
    Yeah, me too- a Ryu pad as well. I must have ordered the same time as you, when there was that little window when they were in stock. They took payment (Paypal, but still) and not heard a peep since...
    endo, did you recieve yours?

Still not got mine. Ordered it in March! lol. Anyway, just phoned them up (again!!!). Woman new my name straight away after telling her what I had ordered. She just said, "yeah sorry, will get it sent out to you for next week". After asking "why the delay?", she replied "it's me, I've just been really busy". WTF?!

I sent about 5 emails and that was my 4th phone call.

Comment

Will a seimitsu stick fit in to a vshg without much dickin about? I play shooters far more than fighters so it'd be nice to give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
        I bought one of the 6 button ?22 ones, to make a compact stick for shmups, it's too small for fighters. They say it's only suitable for a JLF but I'm pretty confident a LS32 will fit fine.

How will you be painting yours Billy?
        Have you received yours yet? I'm going to order mine soon. As for painting I've no idea as I've never painted anything properly before! I'll need to read up on it I think.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if I imported an american Madcatz Street Fighter 4 fight pad would it work on my UK PS3?

I can get it from the US for ?25 new.

Cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
            endo, did you recieve yours?

Still not got mine. Ordered it in March! lol. Anyway, just phoned them up (again!!!). Woman new my name straight away after telling her what I had ordered. She just said, "yeah sorry, will get it sent out to you for next week". After asking "why the delay?", she replied "it's me, I've just been really busy". WTF?!

I sent about 5 emails and that was my 4th phone call.
            Still not had mine- I've been busy as hell lately and I keep forgetting to call, but I will do this week. It's been really busy though? WTF indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
              Have you received yours yet? I'm going to order mine soon. As for painting I've no idea as I've never painted anything properly before! I'll need to read up on it I think.
              Nope, it hasn't been sent yet. I've never painted before but you'll be needing a primer, your chosen paint colour, some sandpaper and possibly a clear coat.

I have another blank stick here that has been sitting around for a couple of months unpainted too. So I'll muster up some courage and do them both at once. My main issue is finding somewhere suitable to paint them, it's always so windy in the garden and I don't want to do it inside due to the smell

If everything goes well I should end up with a couple of nice custom sticks and get rid of my TE.

Bydo-Yes it will.
              Last edited by Geezer; 21-06-2009, 20:41.

Comment

Thanx Geezer

Comment

Cripes, what about spray-painting it?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                    Cripes, what about spray-painting it?
                    I am speaking about spray painting it, that seems to be the preferred method of painting sticks. You could use a wood stain instead though but you are more limited in terms of colours.

Comment

I got my case today, it's pretty nicely made. It came with a note saying that they had to change the design due to some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                        Still not had mine- I've been busy as hell lately and I keep forgetting to call, but I will do this week. It's been really busy though? WTF indeed.
                        Well, mine finally came on the Tuesday like she promised. It only took 6 emails and 5 phone calls to get it.

Comment

I am speaking about spray painting it, that seems to be the preferred method of painting sticks. You could use a wood stain instead though but you are more limited in terms of colours.
                          Oh right ok. I was thinking of painting it with a brush as there's less mess and I wouldn't have to cover the room with newspaper. I'm not too fussed about the finish or anything but I imagine if I didn't do a good enough job I'd regret it later.

By the way, a bit OT but did anyone else order one of those funky Evo arcade stick bags?

Comment

BlazBlue PS3 stick

Looks nice. The buttons are soldered in though >_<

Comment

Last edited by dosucol; 28-06-2009, 19:07.

Comment

So,how many days did it take from order to arrive at your door?

Just that i ordered the mini 6 button one on the 18th,(modded this crappy mayflash with a sanwa stick and buttons while i'm waiting) and checked the blokes ebay page to see his buyers fb (date they bought one and date they left fb ,probably the delivery date,roughly just over a week) and he has no sticks for sale anymore.

So i'm thinking,he's probably knocking up some new cases as i speak!

Can either of these two be easily brought up to date,as the VR is ?29 and the hori ?24 .

I got my case today, it's pretty nicely made. It came with a note saying that they had to change the design due to some problems.

Last edited by dosucol; 28-06-2009, 19:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X