Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
    Good stuff Nick, looks excellent.

How difficult is it to switch sticks in the EX if you've never soldered before? I think I've damaged the sanwa stick in mine as it doesn't always register down left.
    Thanks

Pretty easy really. There is a good You Tube tut explaining the principles, i'll try and find it. The EX has nice long wires so you can actually thread them through the holes of the sticks microswitches, makes it a little easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
      Neither are a straight fit mate, but both are the same, so as awkward etc..

I have a JLF for sale.

Try them all out this weekend and see what you prefer, you can play some Death Smiles.
      LOL I did notice that earlier actually

Will be interested to give them a bit of a bash & see how they compare.

I expect by the end of Staurday you'll have sold it & I'll have you doing the whole stick instead of just the buttons

Then I think I'll be pestering you to do the DOA stick with all Seimistu parts for the best of both worlds lol

I've still not played Death Smiles...I suck

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Nice mod I'd love a 100% Seimitsu RAP. I keep hoping Hori will re-release the EX-SE (it'd be like printing money as far as I can see) but I won't hold my breath.
        Some guy on Shmups just got one off Rinkya, $387! If i'm honest i prefer the black of the EX, but then i would say that

Comment

Here you are Geoff, dare you to make it to the end

Free version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpkkfK937mU (youtube won't let me change this back to free, that video is the same)Recommended Products:chipqui...

Comment

Looks like it was "inspired" by the old Fighting Stick SS

Comment

"100% Brand New Generic High Quality Game Joystick"

I'll say.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post
                Cheers. I'd forgotten about Gremlin. Just ordered a set from them.
                Definitely recommend Gremlin for anybody looking for parts at the moment. Ordered a load of Sanwa buttons from them on Thursday, and got them this morning.

Possibly stupid question: on the HRAP3, there's a layer of plastic or cellophane or something on the top plate. Is this supposed to come off (like it's one of those things they stick on to stop it being scratched in shipping) or is it meant to be permanent? I can't tell, and I don't want to stat peeling it off only to find it's meant to by there.

Comment

Is the stick brand new? I think there was a layer of plastic film on mine when I got it, although I couldn't say for sure.

You could try peeling the area that'll be hidden under the joystick dust cover to find out if its the actual "carbon fibre" sticker or not.

Comment

There's a similiar thin protective layer on the EX2, took me about 4 days to realise i could remove it though lol

Got a PS2 RAP also that had the same stuff on it

Comment

To answer my own question: yes it comes off but it's probably not supposed to, as it was a complete swine to remove

Looks better without it, though it's probably going to be more prone to scratching.

Comment

It's meant to come off, and only does so completely when you remove the 6 silver bolts and buttons.

If you leave it on it just starts to peel and looks ****e.

Comment

Upgraded the sticks and buttons in my cab, so I've been using the spare parts to mod my PS1 namco stick, its a ballache but I'm about halfway done so I'll make sure to post the results. Fitting a sanwa JLF into such a low profile stick though - ughh.

Comment

Finally after many months got a full free day to upgrade my ex2. First time modding anything so needed the time. It wasn't that tricky; just a little time consuming and was worth the effort involved. Pretty pleased with the results:

Sorry for the crap quality pics will hopefully post up some better ones tomorrow. Just need to give it a whirl now!

EDIT: Changed the pics for some better quality ones.
                            Last edited by Jurassic; 18-05-2009, 14:43.

Comment

Nice work mate, looks great.

Well done

Comment

Working...
                              X