No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I myself found the Neo sticks far too light, felt quite cheap (imo).

Modded my other RAP today, full Seimitsu. The LS-32 goes in fine, you just have to desolder the Jlf. I didn't use qd's after, just soldered it straight on.

The only slight mod needed is if you are using screw in buttons the 'a' one doesn't quite fit under the metal lip of the bracket that holds the stick, so it needs some bending up a little.

Comment

Very nice, Nick. How much stiffer is the stick than a JLF? Is it really noticable?

Btw, with the screw-ins, I think you can also clear the mounting plate by just sanding down the locking nut on the "A" button to make it thinner.

Comment

I'd say a fair bit , believe it or not. Been clicking the two side by side and there is definitely more tension on the Seimitsu. Its also a slightly shorter shaft so helps with the quick movements. Had a quick blast on RFA and seems good

Want to put on in one of the VSHG's but need to research it a bit i think.

Comment

Nice mod I'd love a 100% Seimitsu RAP. I keep hoping Hori will re-release the EX-SE (it'd be like printing money as far as I can see) but I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Nick that EX looks hella sexy

Just managed to score myself a second EX2
            Got a Dead or Alive 4 edition which I'll be picking up over the Bank Holiday weekend next week.

Which brings me to the next question...has anyone ordered from Arcadeshop.de recently?
            I'm in need of some more buttons & a GT-Y Restrictor & they have pretty good prices & I'm just wondering what the lead time is like...it mentions a couple of week delay due to the SFIV order frenzy.

Also Will Seimitsu buttons fit or are the Sanwa OBSF-30 the best replacement??

Only asking because my current EX2 is being treated to some Sanwa buttons & fancied giving the seimistu's a try on the second stick if I can to see what the difference between the 2 is like.

Neil

Comment

The EX looks cracking Nick

I'm seriously tempted to sell my TE stick as I much prefer the look & colour of the EX.......that and the fact I never use my PS3 so a 360 stick might actually get some use!!

Been meaning to check out Seimitsu sticks for a while and the increased 'resistance' sounds more to my taste. Seimitsu buttons are fab.

Comment

Is there anywhere you can actually buy Sanwa buttons now, or is everybody still backordered? Akihabarashop and Lizard Lick both seem to be closed for new orders.

I'm finding I'm not getting on quite so well with the Seimitsu buttons I put in my HRAP compared to the Sanwa I have in the TE stick, so I'd like to swap them out.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post
                  Is there anywhere you can actually buy Sanwa buttons now, or is everybody still backordered? Akihabarashop and Lizard Lick both seem to be closed for new orders.

I'm finding I'm not getting on quite so well with the Seimitsu buttons I put in my HRAP compared to the Sanwa I have in the TE stick, so I'd like to swap them out.
                  I bought a couple from Gremlin 3-4 weeks back and they had them in stock. Might be worth e-mailing them.

Any particular colours you are after as I have a box of spares? Mr Pavey has also just stuck some up for sale in the trading folder at a knock down price *Edit - they are horis not Sanwas*

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                  Also Will Seimitsu buttons fit or are the Sanwa OBSF-30 the best replacement??
                  Don't know much about the DOA stick but if you can fit Sanwas then Seimitsus should be fine. Dimensions are near enough the same (in terms of width & overall height).
                  Last edited by tom-nook; 14-05-2009, 09:38.

Comment

Mine are only Hori's for sale.

My Arcadeshop order took 2 weeks, might be worth a go. Don't expect a reply to any emails though

Comment

Sorry my mistake.....I have developed a habit of late for skimming stuff rather than reading it properly (Accounting textbooks are dull dull dull y'see).

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                        Modded my other RAP today, full Seimitsu. The LS-32 goes in fine, you just have to desolder the Jlf. I didn't use qd's after, just soldered it straight on.
                        Good stuff Nick, looks excellent.

How difficult is it to switch sticks in the EX if you've never soldered before? I think I've damaged the sanwa stick in mine as it doesn't always register down left.

Comment

Cheers. I'd forgotten about Gremlin. Just ordered a set from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                            Mine are only Hori's for sale.

My Arcadeshop order took 2 weeks, might be worth a go. Don't expect a reply to any emails though
                            2 weeks is fine as I wont have the stick till next weekend anyway so no real rush

Tom the DOA stick is the original EX2 just with the DOA branding (Kinda like the SCIV & SFIV sticks they released as well) so should be same dimensions as my EX2. which is why I'm hoping the Seimitsu's will fit as well.

Would be nice to have both varieties at home

Neil

Comment

Just been browsing Arcadeshop.de for my new buttons & I've been looking at the Seimitsu's but does anyone know which buttons I need??

Also I'm considering going the whole hog on my new stick so in that repsect need a new joystick to replace the stock one I'm assuming it's either Sanwa JLF or Seimitsu LS32 that will be a straight fit??

Ta muchly

Neil

Comment

Neither are a straight fit mate, but both are the same, so as awkward etc..

I have a JLF for sale.

Try them all out this weekend and see what you prefer, you can play some Death Smiles.

Comment

Working...
                                X