No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking to mod my fightstick with a Seimitsu LS-32-01, anyone any ideas where I might find one in stock? Seems everywhere is still trying to catch up with the Street Fighter fallout!

Comment

I'm assuming you already tried www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk and www.arcadeshop.de?

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
        Anyone here changed the buttons on a VSHG before? Trying to find replacements for the 4 small buttons across the top, but no where seems to have them. WOuld they be one off's, specially made?
        You can get 18mm Sanwas (SDM-18) in a few colours but I think even those might be too big and they probably won't look as good anyway. Paint the stock ones I say.

Btw, for some reason I had a real aversion to modding the VSHG - it just seemed like one of those "classic" things that should be left standard. I haven't seen many nice modded ones so I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Meanwhile, I treated my HRAPs to a facelift this week. Nothing too flash, just some new balltops and buttons. I also bought a bubbletop for each but the colours didn't match closely enough for my liking, especially the "green" one, so good old solid colours it is.

The EX already had Sanwa buttons but I fancied giving Seimitsu a try and now I probably prefer them. I also altered the EX's button placements since the default layout of the JPN version is horrible.

Think I'll try my Dreamcast stick next.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
          Btw, for some reason I had a real aversion to modding the VSHG - it just seemed like one of those "classic" things that should be left standard.
          Me too. Official Lindbergh parts and colours, much like the FSTE is to Vewlix (which I also left alone.)

The MVC2 demo forced me to pull my finger out and mod my standard fightstick. It now has a Seimitsu stick and same Sanwa buttons as the TE. Some parts of the process were great - its well laid out in there, colour coded wires with QDs at both ends etc and the little bit of glue on the 5 pin connector and mounting screws came off easy. However I had to file the corner of my flat Seimitsu mounting plate as its slightly larger and hits the plastic PCB housing.

Well worth doing though, its a whole different controller now.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
            I'm assuming you already tried www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk and www.arcadeshop.de?
            Yes, at Arcade Shop when you add to cart it tells you there's a 2 week delay. Yesterday, Gremlin was saying they were on back order, though today that notice is no longer there, so I asume they just got some stock. Problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
              Meanwhile, I treated my HRAPs to a facelift this week.
              I see you have kept a Rap3 but sold your VSHG John, do you prefer the Rap?

Comment

Overall, probably, but mainly because its more moddable. I'd actually say the VSHG felt like a better stick. Its definitely better built, but once the Hori buttons have been replaced in the RAP there's not much in it tbh.

Comment

Amazon.co.uk has the madcatz sfiv se fightsticks back instock on ps3/xbox360

I remember hearing that in June Madcatz will be releasing new sticks right or is it just the same fightsticks?

Comment

There are rumours that Capcom will be bundling Fightpads with the PC version of SF4 - does anyone know if Fightsticks are a possibility?

Failing that, I'll want to be grabbing the cheapest non-crap PC/360 stick, which I assume is the EX2?

Comment

Am currently in the process of modding my Hori SFIV stick, which is based upon the HRAP 3, but with the crucial difference being that the buttons on this are soldered onto the PCB, rather than having quick disconnects.

I've been desoldering the buttons and have a set of Sanwas ready, with disconnects. Should have a 100% Sanwa stick by tonight if things go according to plan!!

Comment

My Death Smiles Stick

Comment

Replica Neo Geo Sticks Coming For PS3 In Japan.

Comment

Now they need to bring them to the 360 as well

They look soooo good I still think the Neo Controller is the prettiest standard arcade stick in existence

Neil

Comment

It's a shame the amount of main buttons limits it's use to SNK games, you'd need another stick for Capcom games =/

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                                It's a shame the amount of main buttons limits it's use to SNK games, you'd need another stick for Capcom games =/
                                I'd think it would be quite good for the shooters too???

I have my Hori EX2 for everything else anyway so I'd be happy to just have it for KoFXII

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X