No announcement yet.

An arcade stick thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it at all possible to mod retro joypads with this kind of pcb?

Comment

Yeah but it wouldn't be very tidy due to the size of the PCB. A breakout box for example would be best way to go about it. What pad did you have in mind?

Comment

Would be great to use snes, nes and saturn pads on the xbox 1 . . . Unfortunately you'd need extra buttons for thumbstick clicks

Comment

Those could be installed on the breakout box.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            It doesn't.
            Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            Pretty sure a PS360+ PCB supports it. Absolutely fantastic PCB.
            No worries, VSHG bought.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                Is it at all possible to mod retro joypads with this kind of pcb?
                If you're interested in that sort of thing, the Dual Strike PCB also comes in a tiny 2cm version(SMD) for installing into controllers with no mess.

I'm a fan of breakout boxes, though. Less tidy but more versatile and much cheaper when you start adding controllers.

Comment

Im interested in as far as finding someone to do it for me as cheap as possible

Comment

Right, time to bump this baby. Thinking of getting rid of my 2 player X-arcade stick as it just doesnt get any use and building my own twin arcade stick for me and my bro to smash each other up with. Looking at the vids on youtube regarding MC cthulu and ps360+ make it look pretty easy as long as you got a decent case to work out of.

So my question is, where in london can I get someone to make me a quality case out of wood? Also would be good to try out semitsu/sanwa parts before I purchase them. I'm aware B15SDM is the master but he's also tooooooooo fricking expensive for me. I'm after a slow burning project due to funds and time. It'll be for use on mainly Xbox1 but would be nice to have 360/PS3 cables for the odd game.

Summin like this:

Comment

What's wrong with the X arcade? Or did you just want a Japanese style stick?

Dunno about anyone to make a custom case but I highly recommend the PS360+.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can mod an X-Arcade with Sanwa parts with minimum fuss. Might need some cutting for the joystick but you can buy screw-in buttons that fit the X-Arcade's button holes and can handle the thickness of the top board.

I'd just do that if I were you. You'll save money(unless X-Arcades fetch a decent price) and there'd be
                        no worries about having to orchestrate a slow-burning project.

If I were in your shoes I'd definitely go that route. The only negatives towards the X-Arcadeseem to be directed at the sticks and buttons

Comment

That is what I was going to suggest. The parts in it are very cheap at stock.
                          Last edited by speedlolita; 08-08-2013, 16:40.

Comment

The button layout is straight 6 which is not very ergonomic for me. I know I could mod it but I'm not comfortable taking it apart and putting out back together again. Plus it's too small and close together.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/w...x/DSC03535.jpg

Is what I'm looking to build but worth more buttons....

Comment

How much should I be looking to pay for a Virtua High-grade PS3 Stick (I think that's the one)
                              I owned a SFIV TE but, was too big for me, for my playstyle anyway. I think the highgrade might be the stick for me...
                              Last edited by ShadowDancer; 01-02-2014, 21:00.

Comment

The VSHG is perfection.

I saw one sell recently over at AO for about ?80 - which is fairly good. It is more of a matter of finding one than the cost.

I have one myself that was a restoration job.

New control panel overlay, new buttons and stick, PS360+ PCB (Link) and fixed the button config to that of a TE instead of the rubbish stock VF5 layout.

It sits lower but the stick actually weighs more than a TE. It's flawless.

Last edited by speedlolita; 01-02-2014, 21:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X