Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBA- Best Collection Of Upcoming Titles Across Any Format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBA- Best Collection Of Upcoming Titles Across Any Format?

I have just been looking at Goblin Direct and was fairly shocked to see the line up of games that are coming out for the GBA in America in the next two months.

There are at least 8 top class games being released in September and October. The ones that I like the look of are Boktai, Final Fantasy Tactics, Banjo Kazooie, Mario Bros 3, Fire Emblem, Mario and Luigi, Sword of Mana and Harvest Moon. Combine all of these quality titles with recent games like Pokemon Pinball, Advance Wars 2, Castlevania 3, Hamtaro and Golden Sun 2 and the GBA may just be home to the best games around at the minute.

Even though the majority of these are epic RPG's and will take an eternity to play through, is there a better line up of games in the next few months for any format? Or has there ever been such a big chunk of quality games ever released in such a short space on any one format?

Its called getting ready for christmas. Sad but true...

Comment

Rather cynical there Dave...

Although the man does have a point. Those games have all been out in Japan for varying lengths of time, yet all just so happen to have their translation jobs finished just in time for Christmas.

So I'd say good line-up, yes, but commercially motivated to all be coming out in one big lump.

Comment

the GBA has had one of the better release schedules for the last 12 months - the amount of triple A titles released on this format exceeds the amount released on all 3 next gen consoles combined imo - it can be argued that a lot of these triple A releases are 'ports' of snes classics but that doesn't take away from the format at all

I just wish the price point for the games would drop rather than being more expensive than the majority of next gen releases (which you can pick up cheaply from most outlets at/or near the release date)

camps

Comment

Also add Metroid Zero Mission and River City Ransom EX.

The system is awesome.

I hope Nintendo gets around to releasing the other GBA Fire Emblem and the Earthbound ports. I'd send them a goddamn boquet.

People are still giving the GBA stick for the amount of ports it gets, despite it's great original titles. I could actually stand to see a few more ports. I'm personally holding out for ports of Gunstar Heroes, PSIV and Super Metroid. I'd also like to see a portable Civ game. The machine could obviously handle it.

Comment

What the hell is Metroid Zero Mission?

Sure has a weird name for a Metroid game.

Comment

We think it's a remake of the original Metroid with Super Metroid prettiness. Every major website will have screens/info on it. It's very pretty to look at (except for Kraid, who has always looked like total ****).

If it is an update of the original, it's a pretty questionable move by Nintendo. That's what Super Metroid was, virtually. And aren't there enough of those going around right now?

Anyway, it's Metroid and it's going to be awesome.

Comment

At the moment the GBA is my top pick for games. So far this year I've probably bought around triple the amount of games for my GBA than any other format. I'm really looking forward to what will be on offer this Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
                  At the moment the GBA is my top pick for games. So far this year I've probably bought around triple the amount of games for my GBA than any other format. I'm really looking forward to what will be on offer this Christmas.
                  Same here. Pokemon Sapphire, Wario Ware Inc, Advance Wars 2 and ChuChu Rocket mean that this is my most used console. Out of all the titles listed I am only really interested in Mario and Luigi because I am such a massive fan of Paper Mario, none of the rest really excite me that much.

Comment

If you like AW2 (who doesn't?), check out Fire Emblem.

It's virtually the same game, only with experience points and unique characters instead of mass-produced units.

I will be disappointed if everybody doesn't get this game.

Nintendo needs to be shown how truly retarded they are for not A) releasing it in the west sooner and B) not releasing more games with similar subjectmatter.

Comment

Originally posted by davidcotton
                      Its called getting ready for christmas. Sad but true...
                      Well I know that but it's still fairly strange to have so many top class games get released in one big block like that, be it Christmas time or not.

Add Earthnound to the list too, like Manta Ray said. As for the Metroid game, well it does look very pretty I just hope it turns out to be more open ended and less linear than Fusion was and certainly hope its more than a remake of NES Metroid.

Comment

It would certainly be a shame if Zero Mission was a remake of Metroid 1, seeing as they already gave us that for free as a bonus for finishing Fusion and linking it up with Prime.

They'd have to make some serious changes not to get a slap from me for pulling that one.

Also: Is Mother 1 + 2 (Earthbound 0 + 1) confirmed for a western release yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                          Also: Is Mother 1 + 2 (Earthbound 0 + 1) confirmed for a western release yet?
                          I don't know for certain but I'm sure I read in one of the Gamecube magazine's recent round up of E3 said they had played. The fact that it was released in America on the SNES too maybe suggests that there is a strong chance of it getting a US GBA release.

And I'll help you slap Nintendo if Zero Mission does end up as a remake.

Comment

I'm hoping that FF Tactics is up-to-scratch. The PSX FFT was stellar. Still play it to completion on occasion today.

Comment

Shame it may be the last primarily 2D machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X