Bordersdown's Super Ultimate "Best DS Games Ever" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
    Tetris DS absolutely should not be in the puzzle section!

Are those platformers better than the games that are there?
    Order of Excelcia is certainly the best DS castlevania.

The first half of the game plays out like the old style Castlevania games and then when you get to dracula's castle its more like the new ones and its all done really well, the second half of the game has possibley some of the best level design the series has ever seen.

Its also the most challenging handheld castlevania game avaliable by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      Order of Excelcia is certainly the best DS castlevania.
      Ecclesia.

I should probably try to finish that and Portal of Ruin sometime.

Comment

I've just played Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and can honestly say that it's right up there with the best DS games I've played. Should certainly be added to the list if at all possible!

Comment

Originally posted by fdsbh View Post
          I've just played Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and can honestly say that it's right up there with the best DS games I've played. Should certainly be added to the list if at all possible!
          Agreed, its brilliant. As is Dragon Quest 9

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
            Tetris DS absolutely should not be in the puzzle section!
            I've always thought stuff like Tetris, Puzzle Bobble, and Panel de Pon counted as puzzle games, not just games with numbers and squares that look like Sudoku on crack.

From Wikipedia:

Puzzle games focus on logical and conceptual challenges, although occasionally the games add time-pressure or other action-elements. Although many action games and adventure games involve puzzles such as obtaining inaccessible objects, a true puzzle game focuses on puzzle solving as the primary gameplay activity.[1] Games usually involve shapes, colors, or symbols, and the player must directly or indirectly manipulate them into a specific pattern.[2]
            But that's not importa- hey, why is this 2 year old thread still stickied?

Comment

That Korg DS-10 quote needs changing quick sharp!

Imo its the best thing on DS by a MILE. It provides unlimited fun and entertainment, that'll last you a lifetime, whether you want to make a proper full tune, or just mess around and create some crazy sounds. In my case it also taught me the basics of sound synthesis, got me into it in a big way, and i eventually went on to buy a full blown synth. Still use the DS-10 and DS-10 PLUS all the time though, in fact its been used on numerous tracks with the bands i play in. Those being indie/pop and art/rock bands, though you can make any genre of music using it. Also have to say, for its price, its nuts the amount of stuff it can do. Everybody should own a copy!

Comment

Yeah, the thread needs remaking but it's so old and I can't edit the posts anymore, so I'd have to start again.

Waaaay too much work to start again!

Comment

I can edit the posts. You can quote them and paste the code into a new post which I could then overwrite the original with. Or were you hoping to get away without doing it completely?

Comment

So many games have been released since then that it'll need doing from scratch, really. At least half the games in the list have probably been surpassed by something else, and I don't have the time to start again right now, either with researching what's new or with actually putting it all together! If anyone else wants to work with my posts and add in the new stuff, that's totally okay.

Comment

Man, I used to love the Pok&#233;mon games. Especially Pok&#233;mon S1@ab1er. But the J2:,.]]#a!?.- just lacked the polish that we saw back with H84+<**&$?exclamationmark.

Comment

My thread. My beautiful thread

Comment

So&&y.

Comment

Fixed.

Comment

Shame this thread wasn't kept up to date, first time I've read it and it's reminded me I never played that last Advance Wars game. Have to say I thought Tetris DS was crap, but then I only like the original GB version with the mode where you make the rocket launch, the fact you could move the blocks once they were down just felt like cheating.

Comment

Sadly moving the blocks once they're down is something that's common to all the 'tourny' type Tetris's.

How about a new thread for the 3DS?

Must buy 3DS games:

oh wait...

Comment

Working...
                                X