Bordersdown's Super Ultimate "Best DS Games Ever" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strolls View Post
    I think it's worth including the My Coach series - I've got My French Coach, and it's not bad.
    I'll chuck that in later. There's only three things in the utilities section at the moment though, so the books remain! They're surely of interest to someone, not me, admittedly, but there's a market.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    How about Nanostray 1 and 2 for best of the rest? Sunk countless hours into the first one.
    Done

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
    awesome list. if we have more reccomendations do you want us to post here or in the other one?

if you decide to add a minigame list may i reccomend warioware touched? first warioware game i played and i was blown away by the wackiness and hilarity of such quickfire awesomeness.

also Kimi no Tame nara Shineru/Project Rub. got to be one of the wierdest games ive ever played but all around good fun, funny sound effects and engrish voices.
    Use this thread now, the other one was just to prepare for the awesomeness that is this one

I'll put those games in "best of the rest," I don't think they're better in any genre than what's currently in the list. Maybe a mini-game genre should be included, given the amount there are... But are any of them that great, or just above average? That'd un-even the number of genres so I'm not keen!
    Last edited by toythatkills; 05-06-2009, 08:21.

Comment

TTK thank you for doing this - what a lovely feature! It is going to help me while away my Friday at work

Top marks.
      Last edited by ItsThere; 05-06-2009, 08:29.

Comment

good stuff.
        my top 2 are mario kart and GTA:CW.

Comment

This thread wins. Will hopefully be able to contribute something slightly more constructive upon further reading and pondering

Comment

Thanks all, I'm glad people like this thread, it makes me feel like I wasn't totally wasting my time

My French Coach is now added in the Utilities section

Comment

I've added "coming soon" into the "Best of the Rest" bit, but I'm not really sure what's coming soon so any other suggestions for that are welcome

Comment

This is a VERY good thread, and so informative. Im so impressed by how much i have leanrt about DS RPGs (im sort of out of the loop on DS games I tend to buy whatever sounds good these days) I think i will buy all the RPGs listed in this thread now.

Thanks for the insight - if you update this regularly, it would be worth putting it as an article on the site i reckon! A ever changing one lol!

GOLD STAR for you! See me after class!

Comment

Biohazard needs a place i reckon

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                    Thanks for the insight - if you update this regularly, it would be worth putting it as an article on the site i reckon! A ever changing one lol!
                    Yeah, I did consider suggesting that it should be an article on t'main site rather than a thread, but doing it this way was the easiest way to keep it constantly updated!

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                    Biohazard needs a place i reckon
                    Where, and why?

Comment

lol.... where? Err adventure maybe? A horror section would be too small i guess. Why? Coz itz Zeh BESTEST!

Well up to you i guess, but a lot of younger gamers won't have played that version of the game im sure - and nor should they because they are underage!

Comment

Nah, it's not up to me, it's up to everyone.

If you can think of a genre it fits in and a game in that genre that it's better than, it'll make it in.

I'm thinking Another Code for the chop, anyone disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post

If you can think of a genre it fits in and a game in that genre that it's better than, it'll make it in.

Perhaps under Stratagy you could put the two Advance Wars together and add Civilization Revolution. Not quite as good as the console counterparts but still a solid game.

Comment

Personally AC was an underwhileming experience for me.

I would rather put Ninja Town in there to be honest.

Comment

Wow, what a thread. That's some amount of work compiling all that info. Nice to see Anno 1701 make it in! And some nice recommendations for games I haven't played yet and should pick up.

You're right though - where are the racing games? Every now and again, I put on RR DS, thinking I was probably just a bit hard on it when it came out. But, no. It's pants. But there's no real reason for it. We need some great DS racing games.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                                Personally AC was an underwhileming experience for me.

I would rather put Ninja Town in there to be honest.
                                I'll replace Another Code with Resident Evil, I'm not sure Ninja Town would fit in that section. Isn't it just a tower defence game? I'm not sure it'll go in the strategy section either, so it might have to settle for a "best of the rest" place!

Originally posted by Concrete donkey View Post
                                Perhaps under Stratagy you could put the two Advance Wars together and add Civilization Revolution. Not quite as good as the console counterparts but still a solid game.
                                Excellent idea, will do that.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Wow, what a thread. That's some amount of work compiling all that info.
                                You wouldn't believe...

No one's stepped up to do the next one, nobody want to take on the PS2, or anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X