X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garibaldi Biscuit
    Originally posted by Max M
    Originally posted by Garibaldi Biscuit
    Unfortunatly according to industry reports Eidos are back 'in the black', after numerous muppets filled their coffers by going out and buying Tomb Raider and Enter the Matrix in droves.
    Enter The Matrix is published by Atari, no?
    Just checked and you are indeed correct, I guess I subconsciously wanted to attribute all the mediocrity in U.K charts to one company. It chills me to the marrow knowing that there's more than one out there.
    If I remember correctly, a few weeks ago the UK top 3 consisted of:

1. Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
    2. Enter The Matrix
    3. The Hulk

Comment

Oh no Free Radical went from Eidos to Activision. Out of crap into the mediocre. Will they publish it on the O2 label.

Comment

Problem with letting SI have all the code and wotnots is that, if you look at the box, what's the more eyecatching (and thus well known) logo? Yep, SI.

People may buy Eidos brand CM once, they won't do it again. Football fans notice things like Owen moving to Plymouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon

Football fans notice things like Owen moving to Plymouth.

Comment

I think Eidos are going to suffer badly from the utter mediocrity of Republic too which could have a further significant effect on investment in future UK dev houses. Worrying.

Comment

when is timesplitters 3 out?

Comment

Best bit of news i have heard in a while, I just wish Eidos would crawl under a rock and die......

Can't stand any of there mediocre games titles, i want real developers working on the GC.

Comment

Originally posted by choddo
                  I think Eidos are going to suffer badly from the utter mediocrity of Republic too which could have a further significant effect on investment in future UK dev houses. Worrying.
                  While there are studios like Climax, and places like Guildford, the UK will always have videogame investment. It should serve as a warning to anyone looking to spend five years developing a game with huge hype.

I don't think it will have a huge effect on investment. As long as start ups don't take three gazillion years to make the game.

Comment

Working...
                  X