Top Ten Must Have PSP Go Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Ten Must Have PSP Go Games

What I mean by this is the good stuff available on the store. I'm going for UK, but there's some amazing US content available.

Here's some of my pics in no particular order.

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stores
    Price: £13.99
    Size: 1583MB

Huge game, that looks fantastic, has a charming story and fixes many of the issues that were in Liberty City Stories

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Price: £24.99
    Size: 814MB

It's a fair old price, but you're guarenteed to get many, many hours out of this fantastic game.

Tetris
    Price: £4.99
    Size: 27MB
    It's Tetris and it's awesome. The morathon mode is fun and there's an additional 12 gameplay modes, some of which you need to unlock.

WipeOut Pulse
    Price: £14.99
    Size: 209 MB
    wonderful slick racer that still looks fantastic and should take you an age to fully complete.

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny
    Price: £22.99
    Size: 415MB
    While it's lacking in gameplay modes, there's still a surprusing amount for your money. It looks great and has 28 characters including Kratos.

God of War: Chains of Olympus
    Price: £15
    Size: 1.2 Gig
    Hefty sixe but it's an absolutely stunning game that looks awesome on the PSP Go's screen. The only downside is it doesn't take very long to complete and there's not a lot of replay value.

LocoRoco
    Price: £15
    Size 660 Meg
    Some prefer the sequel but I'm still a sucker for the orignal. Cool inventive gameplay and seriously nutty tunes.

Kahoots
    Price: £2.49
    Size: 23 MB
    Really nice little game in the style of Lemmings. Slide different blocks to guide the cute Kahoots around each level. Fantastic presentation.

Rockband Unplugged
    Price: £3.49
    Size: 466MB (variable)
    Truly fantastic game that comes with 5 songs. You then buy addtional ones to basically build your ideal rhthym action game. Would love to see this implemented in Rock Band 3

Last to be confirmed
    Last edited by Strider; 05-10-2009, 20:40.

Originally posted by Strider View Post
    Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stores
    Price: ?13.99
    Size: 1.5 Gig

Huge game, that looks fantastic, has a charming story and fixes many of the issues that were in Liberty City Stories
    Should one of those read Vice City stories? Although I'm not a huge GTA fan I have been thinking about picking one of the PSP versions up and would prefer the better of the two (which ever one that is).

Comment

Yes it's Vice City stories

Comment

Please, please, please let it be that Vice City Stories fixes the issues in Liberty City Stories!

I've gota few to add but as my PSP is currently downloading what seems to be a 12 terabyte download called Vice City I'm only going to recommend a couple for now.

Colin McRae Rally 2005+ (£7:99 - No demo)
        For me, it's the best version of the best game in Colin McRae franchise by far.

Kula World (£3:49 - PS1/PSP)
        It's a PS1 game that's been available for a while and well worth the price. As is standard for PS1 games, it's playable on the PS3 & PSP.

EDIT:
        Strider, Vice City is the better or worse version? Come on this is killing me man, spread the news!!
        Last edited by JP; 05-10-2009, 20:49.

Comment

Thanks Strider.

So, no Gran Tursimo?

Anyone who likes Socom series know what Socom FTB2 is like?
          Last edited by hudson; 05-10-2009, 20:59.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
            Thanks Strider.

So, no Gran Tursimo?

Anyone who likes Socom series know what Socom FTB2 is like?
            I haven't played it yet. Still waiting for it to download

Oh and yes. Vice City is definately the one to get. It's great

Comment

Don't have a Go! but since a PSP game is a PSP game and it's available on PSN I'm gonna put this up:

MotorStorm Arctic Edge

It's not the best looking game on the PSP and suffers from being a bit easy at the early levels, but it's the PSP racer that I've had the most fun with so far.

Agreed on MHFU and Rock Band.
              Last edited by Riskbreaker; 05-10-2009, 21:59.

Comment

Patapon
                Price: £15.99
                Size: 206MB
                Free Demo Available

You can probably pick up the UMD for considerably less money but it's a great game with oodles of charm. The sequel's also available for £19.99

Sony need to get OutRun and Ridge Racer 2 on to the store asap. Two absolute must haves IMHO. Not sure if they're on either the US or Japanese stores. There is a demo of Ridge Racer 2 on the UK store to whet your appetite.

Comment

Originally posted by BearBoy View Post
                  Patapon
                  Price: ?15.99
                  Size: 206MB
                  Free Demo Available

You can probably pick up the UMD for considerably less money but it's a great game with oodles of charm. The sequel's also available for ?19.99
                  If you only want one of these definitely buy Patapon 2, both are amazing but Patapon 2 is the better overall. It has a lot of expanded gameplay features like Hero characters and a new evolution system.

Comment

Originally posted by Riskbreaker View Post
                    Don't have a Go! but since a PSP game is a PSP game and it's available on PSN I'm gonna put this up:

MotorStorm Arctic Edge

It's not the best looking game on the PSP and suffers from being a bit easy at the early levels, but it's the PSP racer that I've had the most fun with so far.

Agreed on MHFU and Rock Band.
                    You think motorstorm isn't one of the best looking games on the psp? I think i need to go get my eyes checked. O_o

Comment

You're right I'm being harsh. The graphics are pretty decent and the environments do look great, but the vehicles seem a bit clunky and basic. Which is fair enough considering what's being thrown around.

Comment

I'll throw in my tuppence worth. Can't confirm prices as all of my stuff is from PSN USA. No PS1 Classics added either.

Ultimate G'nG

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror/Logans Shadow

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny:

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

(runs really well in 333mhz or PSP Go! system, not quite so on 222mhz)

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                          Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror/Logans Shadow
                          Definitely agree with those - they're always criminally overlooked, but Sony Bend crammed in an incredible amount of quality content into both of these titles.

Comment

I picked up Dark Mirror as one of my free games. looking forward to it. just downloaded Exit, fieldrunners and break quest.

That's my purchases done now. Time to actually play this stuff (and I only have about 3 gig left!!!)

Comment

Are there any great PS1 RPG's to get? I know of Suikoden 1 and 2 and Wild Arms (1) but I have completed all 3...

Comment

Working...
                              X