Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those with an import. Wipeout Demo is now on the PS store, downloading now. Impressions later

Comment

Went into Gamestop Norway to trade in some stuff. The WiFi unit is ?227 over here, I had a spare 3DS (As I couldn't resist the Mario pack) and a spare DS Lite, I got ?151 for the 3DS and ?65 for the DS Lite, so the unit only cost ?9

Memory card prices not released yet, and the two games I pre ordered (Uncharted and Wipeout) were ?70. Guessing the memory card will be about ?40.

Whilst the prices are higher, at least the trade in is also higher so not too bad.

Feel quite excitied about this console, I do love handhelds!

Comment

Got to say, I'm starting to find Sony's handling of the launch to be a bit annoying. I'm starting to look forward to the big day now but even though it's less than 5 weeks till launch it feels like they're making little effort in promoting the device. Outside of the pretty limited set ups GAME etc have for it there's not been much and there's still been no officially announced full launch day line up which includes 3rd party releases. A few peeps I know are aware of the Vita but it's amazing how many think it's just another PSP variant. It's gonna be fun but the red flags are getting prepped for a repeat of the '3DS Summer Slump'

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
          Probably been posted already, but just watched this and couldn't stop grinning at the prospect of playing it, looks awesome. WANT.
          Looks great, think I'm right in saying the screen is slightly larger than the PSP's but with twice the res.

Comment

30% larger screen, 4 times the resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
              30% larger screen, 4 times the resolution.
              Thanks, of course it is, in my head I was thinking it's double the res along each axis = x2 resolution which is incorrect.

Comment

Called into game this week to update my pre-order.

Like I normally do ive avoided the hype so that its a total surprise for me on the day of release here in the UK. When I looked at the possible game pre-order list I almost hit the floor so many launch games.

So I need some help. Nowadays I am your standard bandwagon gamer... so I have already pre-ordered Uncharted as I love these games.

But I wasnt really sure what else to pre-order. My shortlist came to the ones below.

Ridge Racer - (Totally loved the PSP versions)
                Wipeout 2048 - (Not played since the PS versions)
                Unit 13 - (Shooter? Can Vita hold up for stuff like this or after MW3 and Battlefield am I going to feel left short)
                Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - (Great game to pickup have a quick bash and put down)

I can only pre order 2 more games or the wife will kill me!

So any info without any spoiler ish info would help!! Thanks.

Comment

What she doesn't know won't hurt her; pre-order all of them (I have).

If you can only choose 2 on top of Uncharted then get WipEout & Ultimate: MvC3.

Unit 13 is designed to be played on the go. Some missions are literally 5 minutes long. Also, I didn't think it was out until March 8th.

Comment

Everybody's golf and virtua tennis 4 should be on that that list.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                      Everybody's golf and virtua tennis 4 should be on that that list.
                      True that.

I've got Uncharted & Minna 6 with my JPN unit.

Ridge is on order with Amazon for ?15.

I'll get U:MvC3, WipEout, Mod Nation Racers & Lumines from work with Unit 13 to follow.

Comment

Is Lumines a launch title in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          Is Lumines a launch title in the UK?
                          Seems to be by the list we've got in store.

Comment

Personally I think Ridge Racer is the best lanch title. There's enough to play until the DLC comes out. It's like 7 on the go.

Isn't Unit 13 D/L only?

They need to hurry up and release the PS1 patch too!
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What is actually included in core RR? Is it really as little as was earlier reported or did that turn out to be a myth?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                Personally I think Ridge Racer is the best lanch title. There's enough to play until the DLC comes out. It's like 7 on the go.

Isn't Unit 13 D/L only?

They need to hurry up and release the PS1 patch too!
                                Why did you have to say that?

I was all happy waiting for my Amazon copy now I'm torn again

Just checking but if I buy the Jap version can I download the uk DLC?.

Comment

Working...
                                X