Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not getting wound up, I thought I was winding you up.
    I couldn't care less if Kojima made a stinker of a game..

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
      Stupid argument. You know the point I was trying to make. MGS is my favorite game series but Portable Ops was a poor entry in that series and IMO has no place in a list of top PSP games. Just an opinion anyway; metacritic disagrees with me.
      Well it depends on what you compare it too. Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 was one of the best games of the 90s and possibly one of the best games ever. And MGS 2 & in particular 3 were great games also. Iv not got a PS3 so havnt played MGS4 but i hear from everone who's played it that its another solid (no pun intended) Metal Gear game.

I thought Portable ops was fun whilst it lasted but it was never meant to be a major full on game like MGS 1,2,3 & 4. Mabee the people who disliked it will be more impressed with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker when it comes out next year.

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
      sorry should have realised this was a raving fanboy only thread.

i could post a list twice as long as that one you wrote before of the games i consider to be "must haves" on the wii but you would likely disagree, just as I disagree with the psp list. i believe its called opinion. all i was meaning was that the psp has been very very sparse with game releases regardless of whether they are any good or not.
      Well like you said its all opinion and everyone is entitled to their own and although the PSP may of been sparse with its game releases for a time it now has a very solid selection of games to choose from with more on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        I'm not getting wound up, I thought I was winding you up.
        I couldn't care less if Kojima made a stinker of a game..
        Damn stalemate ! I will get you next time !

Comment

Portable Ops. Hmmm. I tried to like it, but it's just too complicated for a PSP game. Shoulda been more action, less hostage taking. Peace Walker seems overly complicated too according to the demo. Well IMO anyway.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm not prepared to play those on a PSP, if they were on a PS2 or a PSN download, then sure I'd give them a try, I think they are just a bit too in depth for a handheld.

Comment

Rumours seem to be starting to build that this will be shown at E3.

We already have a fair idea what to expect at next month's E3 – plenty of into about Move, Natal and the 3DS (and Vitality Sensor) for instance – but Sony

Comment

very big risk of it getting overshadowed by the 3ds, especially as their presentation is after nintendo's. Will be interesting if it uses tegra3.

Comment

I got this from a source but I can't say who it is but it's supposedly genuine.

PSP2, the 2 is for "two screens"
                  One of the screens will be touch screen, and they'll both have glassesless 3D
                  The Sony logo will be hand drawn on each unit in marker pen, over a Nintendo one.
                  They're not doing away with the analogue nub, but they're going to put it on the back of the unit somewhere hard to reach.
                  Games will be sold on memory sticks, but there won't be a memory stick slot on the PSP2
                  To play memory stick games, you have to wait until the PSP2-2000 or above.
                  Games can be downloaded and will be released onto PSN within two years of their memory stick release date, at a rate of one every five weeks.
                  To download games, a Wi-Fi connector will be required, which increases the size of the PSP2 five-fold
                  The screen is smaller than the current PSPGo! screen
                  Graphics are supposedly on a par with the Playstation7 - launch titles will include a bunch of PS2 ports
                  RRP is £599.99

EDIT: Oh, and apparently there are some new secret features too which even Sony don't know about yet, they're going to be thrown in between Nintendo's conference and theirs.

EDIT 2: I'm hearing that Gran Turismo portable 2 will be a launch title, it's 85% complete.

EDIT 3: Sorry, launch window

EDIT 4: Within the first year

EDIT 5: 2016 sometime.
                  Last edited by toythatkills; 13-05-2010, 08:36.

Comment

rather than printing money, it'll feature a built in money shredder!

Comment

You know, you joke Toythatkills, but I still remember the fairly random clusterthingy that was the initial DS. Sony had announced they were entering the handheld market and then Nintendo announces a 'third pillar' thing that seemed at the time like they were chucking every feature they could think of to make it sound interesting. Touch screen, two screens, mic for some reason. Sounded knee-jerk and then, of course, it did brilliantly and the third pillar became the only pillar.

And then I have to wonder about the absolutely bizarre form Nintendo chose to announce the existence of the 3DS. Big event? No, just chuck out the info. Everyone was left wondering why.

And then we have the PSP2... and I can't help wondering if your joke is actually the exact opposite. That Nintendo knew the PSP2 was coming and threw out the 3DS info to pre-empt that. It certainly didn't seem like any kind of planned move. Would seem to me that Nintendo have little to fear from Sony but they have been losing out on some sales and certainly woudn't fancy losing any more.

Whether this will be 3D remains to be seen. Sony expressed interest in 3D before the 3DS was ever mentioned so should we be completely surprised? I'm not sure it's all that clear-cut who is reacting to who.

Comment

I think Nintendo noticed the reaction to the DSi rumours and how it affected the launch. There was a general 'oh, just like the rumours. That's neat... I guess... what's for dinner?'.

By pre-empting the rumours they avoid a disappointing megaton situation, they've reigned in speculation a lot better. They also spoilt the paper's big news story making Nintendo hardware scoops less lucrative in the future.

People 'know' what to expect with the 3DS: backwards compatable, dual ~3.5" screen, parallax barrer tech, ~gamecube level of power, possibly supplied by tegra2 tech, 2010 launch

Comment

This image is burned into my head, still make me PSP LOL.

Was always tempted to do an updated version with 4 DS XL's all playing Pokemon Dash.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what media format Sony choose. Both UMD and downloading have not worked too well.

Comment

If it's digital only they won't have the same issue they currently have - their decision not to mandate release of a digital version alongside every UMD release was the height of stupidity.

I guess the big question is what they do with retail. Do they go for points cards, or maybe sell boxed copies of the game that are effectively just a voucher for the downloadable version.

Comment

I can't see them going download only again. You want games retailers to actively promote a new console. They clearly didn't want to push the Go.

Comment

Working...
                                X