Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah and if the PSP2 is super powerful its not good for Sony's PS3 as they are going to be competing with each other for games. Sony just needs to be very careful as they will be supporting PSP, PSP2, PS3, PSPhone.

Comment

Big announcement is on Thursday (Japan time), not sure what time it starts but it'll be pretty likely that we'll wake up to a news blowout that day. No idea if it'll get streamed, but the chances are good.

Rumour round up (rumours sources appear to be very reliable) suggest the following features:

Powerhouse, 50%+ of the raw grunt of the PS3.
      Big, HD screen. 4" minimum seems likely.
      Not a slider (due to heat dissipation issues)
      Rear touch sensors
      Dual analogues
      Uses media of some sort.
      Supposed to be based off of the latest version of the ion2 platform

Comment

Price: $1000

Comment

Hard to see it being cheap.

That said, Ion2 laptops are $350. This could be using ARM which'll save money, will be using a smaller battery, less built in memory... Not unthinkable that it'd be too much more than the 3DS.

Comment

@aandromeda

It was my understanding that in the last couple of years of the n64s life nintendo had a 49% stake in Rare. Is this wrong?

Comment

Rare were a second party developer. Given access to Nintendo's IP and a huge amount of support in return for being tied to Nintendo but still technically an independent company.

Comment

But until 2002 Nintendo owned 49% of Rare with the Stamper Brothers having the controlling 51%. My point is that Nintendo had a talented company making games exclusively for their platform even in the end days. They'd hardly given up had they? ALso, is all the information on the internet wrong then? Did Nintendo not have a 49% stake in Rare between 1994 and 2002? Andromeda says they didn't. Either that or his maths is failing him because most people would agree that 49% is 'almost half'. Maybe I haven't been paying attention to the industry properly over the last couple of decades though!

Comment

The Stamper brothers were majority shareholders with 51% and Nintendo had the remaining 49%, as close to half as you can get.
                  In 2002 the Stamper brothers sold the majority 51% to MS and Nintendo followed, costing MS $375 million dollars.
                  Last edited by Family Fry; 23-01-2011, 16:28.

Comment

Nikkei is reporting that the console is going to have an OLED screen and 3G data.

$$$

Comment

That'll be £350 then

Comment

Not long now to possibly find out more info, this year for launch?
                        Remember when people were more than happy to plop out ?250 and upto even ?400 for an import PSP, ah the good ole days.

Comment

I just googled to see when the PSP2 suspected announcement was due and end got taken to a variety of places discussing gaming. I don't think I'd appreciated the quality of discussion here until just now. The rest of cyberspace is filled with idiots!

Comment

I have also seen some crackers, always thought about starting a thread in general gaming about the most outrageous thing you have read on a gaming forum.
                            My fear of being quoted in that thread somewhere has stopped me

Comment

omg FSW u n00b I bet yoo like Xb0xx0rz!

Sony 4 the r00lz!

LMFAO!

Comment

My point is that Nintendo had a talented company making games exclusively for their platform even in the end days. They'd hardly given up had they?
                                Sorry I thought it was 39% as reported in EDGE I think in 1996. And imo NCL did give up for the N64 for the least few years, they made next to No-House games and their Published games were few and far between, In just the same way I think SONY have pretty much given up on the PSP, bar the odd game they publish here and there

Comment

Working...
                                X