Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone interested, myself and a few friends from around the world are producing a Wipeout 2048 soundtrack. It is due for launch around game time and I think will be a free download. It will be well worth a listen when it is complete as there are some very good artists on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
      Anyone know why the load times on this seem to be so long? Is it a hardware thing or just because they're early games? Saw that wipeout is nearly 120 seconds from boot up
      Remember though that that headline figure of "nearly 120 seconds" was from first launching the game (from the dashboard, or whatever the Vita's equivalent is called) to the first race actually starting, if you take the quickest route into a game through the menus. It seems like a bit of a meaningless stat to me, when you break it down - if it only takes a couple of minutes from launching the game to starting a race, the load times between races etc. probably aren't that bad anyway right?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
        Remember though that that headline figure of "nearly 120 seconds" was from first launching the game (from the dashboard, or whatever the Vita's equivalent is called) to the first race actually starting, if you take the quickest route into a game through the menus. It seems like a bit of a meaningless stat to me, when you break it down - if it only takes a couple of minutes from launching the game to starting a race, the load times between races etc. probably aren't that bad anyway right?
        I think I heard 40 seconds. Which isn't exactly a small load time either.

Comment

I heard between 45-55 seconds and about 15 or so seconds if just a restart. That's still painfully slow, especially on a game like Wipeout where the races themselves don't actually last all that long. It will be interesting to see how that affects cross-platform play when Wipeout HD takes probably about 15-20 seconds to load a race - not insubstantial in itself but if you're playing on PS3 it could get very frustrating having to wait for Vita players.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
            I think I heard 40 seconds. Which isn't exactly a small load time either.
            No, that's a bit longer than I expected tbh - well, hopefully this patch that's on the way will sort things out a little then.

Comment

I don't understand it really. This is sounding like a mechanical constraint, like say, the UMD drive which they got rid of. If they had UMDs for this one, would we be looking at 4 minute load times?! Surely they're just not optimised properly. I certainly hope so.

Comment

Yeah, seems like just a case of devs with new hardware to me - I remember the load times on Ridge Racer 7 being massive when the PS3 first came out too.

Comment

Studio Liverpool's track record with loading times isn't great. I can't remember what Pulse came in at and it's probably not at 2048 numbers but I remember the load times felt really long at times - and worse with DLC then loading from the UMD. That has to be more about the programming than the machine, right?

Comment

I got an email from Sony telling me to select the game I would like to get ?5 off. When I originally registered my pre order pack I keyed that code in. I didn't think I would need it again so binned it with the cardboard box. Now when I go to link on mail its asking for the code again. Nice one Sony

Comment

^Its alright. I've got my code and when I enter it in told it doesn't work. Balls.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        ^Its alright. I've got my code and when I enter it in told it doesn't work. Balls.

Stolen from RLLMUK: "Remember that email they sent you the first time you registered for the bonus. They sent you an email to verify your email address. Well if you still have that. Then click on the link in there and it takes you to the correct page. "

Does that work? I've not got my preorder pack yet so got all this to go through.

Comment

Weird, go to sign in on the website and it tells me PSN is unavailable.

EDIT: All sorted.
                          Last edited by teddymeow; 15-02-2012, 20:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
                            Apparently there's a patch out for wipeout that improves things a reasonable amount (25-50%)
                            I don't see the patch icon on the live area before launch. Has anyone got this yet? The game is still on version 1.0.

Comment

It's unavailable because it looks like they are making vita live (says undergoing maintenance on uk psn on my vita) hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                                It's unavailable because it looks like they are making vita live (says undergoing maintenance on uk psn on my vita) hopefully
                                That's weird. I sign into the UK PSN on my Vita, go to the store and it tells me the service is unavailable in my region.

Comment

Working...
                                X