Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSVita (Successor to PSP, was PSP2 then NGP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

•IGN: 8.0 - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a fast-paced, well playing fighter that makes few concessions on the Vita. While the game's modes are pretty sparse and the new touch mode is a dud, there's still a lot to be excited about if you're a fighting fan with a brand new Vita.
    •GamesRadar: 7/10 - Portable fighters have certainly come a long way since the days of the Game Boy. The Vita has erased the gap between handhelds and the PS3. Now it's up to Capcom to show us that they have more offer than pure portability.
    •God is a Geek: 9/10 - Dodgy touch screen shocker aside, this is a brilliant way for the Vita to break its fighting game duck, and is arguably the greatest technical achievement I think I have ever seen on a handheld device. It truly is an identikit version of its home console brethren, with all of the content and clout that comes with it, including a flawless online mode. With Street Fighter X Tekken on the horizon, Blazblue finally doing the business on a handheld and Namco themselves entering the fray soon, the future is bright for fans of fighting games. An essential day one purchase

Comment

FIFA

•IGN: 8.0 - FIFA Vita showcases both the power and the potential of the console. FIFA 12's core gameplay has been successfully transported to a portable device that you can carry in one of your very spacious pockets. There are a few compromises here and there, but they're negligible. The addition of touchpad shooting and the less successful touchscreen passing transform FIFA Vita into a very different experience - it's more fun, more jubilant, and accessible.
      •GamesRadar: 6/10 - FIFA Soccer occupies a strange place in the series canon. Without making any unfair judgment calls on the development time, it feels like last year's game translated wonderfully to fledgling hardware. That's a good thing if you really hate FIFA 12's engine reboot, but stale if you're in love with the latest console experience. It's got enough content for you to get through a few career mode seasons while you wait for a likely iteration timed for the 2013 season that's loaded with features. But make no mistake, it's not FIFA 12, and despite the cover athletes, you'll be disappointed if you dive into this one with expectations of the latest console experience

Comment

Everybody's Golf

•Destructoid: 9/10 - World Invitational continues that tradition of a really nice blend of arcade-ish accessibility and sim seriousness. If you want to kick back and relax, fine -- but you can also dig in, get deep with strategy and complex swing tricks, and feel rewarded when you master them all. With its massive array of play options, courses, unlockables, and online challenges, not to mention its portability and always-on 3G connectivity, this is easily the biggest and best Hot Shots Golf game yet.
        •Edge: 7 - Unadventurous Everybody's Golf may be, but it's wonderfully executed, and its presence at Vita's launch is welcome. With their endlessly smiling characters, cheery J-tunes and bright skies, Everybody's Golf titles are the best Nintendo-esque games a Sony console has ever seen, and this latest iteration is no exception.

All in all, a solid line up but without a killer title I guess depending on individual taste.

Comment

Some effort there CTN!

Comment

Wish I could take the credit, pure cut and paste job

Comment

Think for a launch we are getting a good selection, most consoles might get a wipeout on release but there are several quality titles that come from big series that will be available on launch day, and that's pretty impressive IMO.

I think there's also the argument that Uncharted IS a killer title and a system seller, as it shows just how much of a step up this new handheld is.

Comment

I think with Uncharted it's mainly suffered through comparison to the console entries which probably isn't that fair a comparison considering it's Bends first entry and a handheld one at that. Out of the launch games its still the big one for me though I'm not all over it like I was with the others mainly I think because it's so soon after UC3. I've got some stuff to trade so I think I'm going to get UMvC3 too. Should have about 8-9 games in total so there's plenty to be loving the machine for.

Comment

Sony's smacked a 30th May release date on Vita shooter Resistance: Burning Skies. That translates to a Wednesday, which…

May 30th release date revealed for Resistence: Burning Skies

Get. In.

Comment

It has a strong line up of launch titles but it still suffers from an identity crisis in a lot of respects. A lot of people will turn their noses up at Uncharted simply because its more expensive yet inferior to its console equivalent. Same thing could probably be said for Ridge Racer, Wipeout 2048, Fifa, and Virtual Tennis 4. The main launch title that's got my attention is Shinobido 2 because that's one of the few releases which lacks an immediate console equivalent.
                    Last edited by Jimmyboi; 14-02-2012, 10:57.

Comment

I'm pretty disappointed with myself. I'm in.

Told myself I would sit this one out due to the burn from the 3DS...but ?227 delivered with an 8gb card and Lumines... too much to pass up. Especially with all the PSP games I've missed since not having one. How do PSP games work on vita btw? Are there any videos showing that?

Comment

What do you mean how do they work?
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          What do you mean how do they work?
                          Do they stretch/ do 1:1? Do they run perfectly? How do they look... erm. Stuff like that. Cost to purchase from the PSN?

Also, is there any place that shows PSN/Retail release dates for upcoming games/ has it been established if it's region free?
                          Last edited by Synthesthesia; 15-02-2012, 09:15.

Comment

Oh. They fill the screen entirely, and they look damned good too. They run perfectly also. It's like having a PSP with a giant screen. I went back to try Gran Turismo on my 3000 t'other day, and it feels very strange. The PSP is tiny compared to the Vita.

So far I have only UMD Passported my existing UMD games, and re-D/L'd the games I had already previously purchased, but games vary in price mainly depending on age.

Being able to cutomise the right stick for extra control massively improves certain PSP titles though. A most welcomed feature indeed.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Nice, sounds great! I'm mainly after the Patapon games off PSN to be honest and it seems Patapon 2 is the only one that's up for launch (as far as I saw). I played about half of 1, but never even tried 2 and 3.

Is Escape Plan out on the Japanese PSN? Would love to hear some impressions from that, pretty much the main reason I'm buying the Vita

Comment

Patapon 1 and 3 are deffo available. I'll check on part 2.

Escape Plan isn't out so far to my knowledge.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X