No announcement yet.

IGN: "We know sod all about games."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably my favourite game of this generation, to date.

Comment

If you think they know sod all about games, which are at least somewhat subjective, you should see their assessments of image quality on DVD and BD releases. Their reviewers are so ignorant yet talk with complete authority and make complete asses of themselves in areas they know nothing about.

Comment

heh didn't they give gladiator a perfect score or something?

Comment

I think so, it's more this sort of guff that sticks in my head though:

Originally posted by IGN
          Video and Presentation

Lilo & Stitch is presented in 1.66:1 widescreen on a dual-layered DVD. Despite Disney's usual penchant for high-quality digital restorations, this print is extraordinarily yucky,
          It's not a print.

Originally posted by IGN
          looking more like a VHS transfer of the film
          No.

Originally posted by IGN
          rather than a bonafide direct-to-digital transfer ? I imagine such a process was not used here considering the age of the film. Annoying interlacing issues and distracting compression grain are present in every scene.
          "Compression grain"?
          Interlacing issues on a progressively encoded title = problem in the display or them seeing things.

Originally posted by IGN
          The film's dusty, murky palette proves off-putting as well, and not very appealing to the eyes. The entire film feels toned down. I kept adjusting the brightness on my displays to fix the horrid low-tuned levels
          Calibrated displays (which I assume they're not using) should never be adjusted.

Originally posted by IGN
          which make the print look far too dark for its own good. I'm sure a few years ago this print might have been considered decent. But today, it's far below Disney's typical standards for animated classics. What a shame.

Score: 5 out of 10
          Again, it's not a print.

That's just one example. They have plenty of other stupid reviews as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
            No Senko no Ronde?

Best game on the system if you ask me - actually, probably the only system exclusive I'm interested in. All the other games on it which I like are available for other machines.
            Oh John....
            I'd use the hand in face smilie but have no idea how to put it in.

Comment

As we've seen in this thread, everyone has a different ranking on 'top' games. The way I would look at it is, if you just bought a 360, and it came with their top ten games you'd have a decent spread and would get alot of enjoiment out of the system. Even if it came with the top five I'd say the same. Granted there are alot of FPS on the high end of the list, but these are the games people buy (read that as "these are the games people enjoy").

Comment

NHL 10 could easily make top 25. Great game!

Yeah wierd list though.

Comment

Playing Mass Effect right now.

It owns.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                    So, out of interest, would anyone put Virtua Fighter 5 above MW2 in their lists?
                    As Fuse said, in a heart beat. Couldn't be less interested in MW2. VF5 on the other hand is class.

All personal opinion obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
                      Playing Mass Effect right now.

It owns.
                      It's good, but no better than and weaker in some areas compared to KotOR. Also, I did all the side quests and most of the planets were completely empty except for one lousy, identikit base.

Good, as I say, but BioWare could do a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                      X