E211 ? Halo: Reach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
    Whatsa madda you, hey? Why you looka so sad?
    Ah, shut uppa you face!

edit: by request from 112

Last edited by Spatial; 22-01-2010, 18:06.

Comment

Spatial, this is the part where you spam the page with a youtube link

Comment

On the plus side it prevented Ultravox's frankly offensive "Vienna" single from reaching Number 1.

Midge Ure = Offensive

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
          Edge and Games tm seem to be alot colder in their writing than somthing like PC zone though (which appears to have a kind of family atmosphere too it, akin to somthing like giantbomb with its podcasts and general comunity feel). I imagine the staff at Edge and games tm are all robots that score games in a completley different way to how a human being would, it would explain alot.
          I wouldn't call it colder but more discerning, which, when I'm considering spending £40 on a game, is exactly what I want. I want a clear-sighted, critical and insightful opinion.

Comment

I've never read PC Zone, though I've always trusted the Mean Machines/old CVG/Sega Saturn Magazine 'down to earth' approach, reading like a review actually written by gamers. I find it difficult to really take the Edge 'distant' approach too seriously, it always feels like they're viewing games from a completely different standpoint to me.

That said, I do like GamesTM. I was flicking through my housemate's copy of the latest ish and it was an enjoyable read.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              Surely this one shold be 'Start the fight' ?
              I think they should use the tagline "Tired, so very tired".

Fanboy fires stoked I feel.

Comment

As someone who loved the original Halo as much as EDGE, I really do wish they'd STFU already. If they have to feature it, at least don't put it on the cover for the umpteenth time.

Comment

Army of Two: 40th a 7? Uh, wow. Wasn't expecting that. The first was appallingly bad and well deserved the new arsehole they ripped it, so I'm fairly interested to see what on earth they think got tightened up.

Reach is going to be a huge event title that'll sell millions. It'd be daft not to put it on the front cover. I could hardly care less without a 360, and I roll my eyes every time I see 'finish the fight', but eh... they're a business. The attempt to force readers online is slightly disheartening though.

And anyone's opinion is... technically valid, though I hate going down that meaningless route given how differently I feel about the whole thing to the majority. If you can say "I'd rate all RTS games a 2/10 given I hate the entire genre and think it's fundamentally flawed because of x, y and z" then sure, I'll listen to you. On the other hand, if I maintain at length the opinion that the sky as seen from everywhere on the planet is actually a luminous shade of puce, and all I provide to back it up is 'just cos' and insults, then I'm an idiot, I'm not entitled to have anyone listen to me and I deserve whatever abuse I get in return. Whether my opinion is still valid or not ceases to mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                    As someone who loved the original Halo as much as EDGE, I really do wish they'd STFU already. If they have to feature it, at least don't put it on the cover for the umpteenth time.
                    Halo sells mags though

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                      I wouldn't call it colder but more discerning, which, when I'm considering spending ?40 on a game, is exactly what I want. I want a clear-sighted, critical and insightful opinion.
                      It's colder in tone so the freelancers have a standard to write to maintain consistency across the magazine, even if that standard is pretentious beyond belief these days.

Comment

I saw this issue in the newsies today. I avoided picking it up because I knew it'd be waiting on the doormat.

It wasn't. Hmph.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          Megalolz!!

In my eyes there doesn't seem to be too much to complain about this month.

It's certainly a better read than the January issue.
                          Yeah I avoided the Jan issue. Quite excited about this months though. Darksiders seems a strange one, stella scores/reviews everywhere. Yahtzee hated it though, it also seems Edge and Gamestm are not big fans I do wonder why.
                          Last edited by JU!; 25-01-2010, 00:28.

Comment

I've borrowed a preowned copy of Darksiders from work to play on my day off tommorow. That way I can decide on my own opinion of the game and use my own rating system to grade it*

*I've yet to decide on my grading system...

EDIT: JU! The January issue was proper bad. One of the worst I'd read in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              I've borrowed a preowned copy of Darksiders from work to play on my day off tommorow. That way I can decide on my own opinion of the game and use my own rating system to grade it*

*I've yet to decide on my grading system...

EDIT: JU! The January issue was proper bad. One of the worst I'd read in a while.
                              Cheers for the confirmation I browsed the Jan issue and it did not seem up to much. Look forward to the Teddymeow grading of DarkSiders.

Comment

Working...
                              X