No announcement yet.

Recommend me a mech game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe no one has mentioned Metal Wolf Chaos on the Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
      Can't believe no one has mentioned Metal Wolf Chaos on the Xbox.

yeah this is great too - expensive to pick up though

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        Can't believe no one has mentioned Metal Wolf Chaos on the Xbox
        Probably because I didn't mention XBox in my list of platforms I have to play on ;-)

Cheers anyway though!

Comment

I remember MechAssault 2 on XBox being a lot of fun, and it's good to see Gun Griffon Blaze on PS2 getting a mention, a really fun mech game (despite an appallingly large PAL border.)

There's a Konami PS2 mech game called S.L.A.I., though I think it's more an arena-based mech battler, plus - like others have mentioned - there's a startling array of Armored Core titles out, even on PAL (I remember getting Nine Breaker from this very forum).

Comment

[QUOTE=JazzFunk;1656741]I good to see Gun Griffon Blaze on PS2 getting a mention, a really fun mech game (despite an appallingly large PAL border.)

go for the us/jp version

full speed/no borders

Comment

I think its going to be hard to top steel battalion with that amazing controller.

Comment

ooh, I've literally just picked up Armoured Core For Answer this week! I'm happy to work through the co-op missions with you if you fancy picking it up too. How ace are giant robots? I just picked up Hobby Japan and love perusing the various Gundam in there!

Comment

Ive also got AC4 and AC4A, if you both want some co-op

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                    go for the us/jp version

full speed/no borders
                    Oh, yeah, no doubt, I really rue the awful conversions of the PS2's early days. Having said that, even on PAL, it's a very playable game, and I've noticed it can be bought in CEX for ?1!

Comment

GG Blaze is the only mech game I've played and I loved it too. Very short (in theory) and bulked out by having alternative versions of the same mission but played at a different time of day. Crude or may be better described as plain graphics but effective enough. It played well and I remember I found it quite tough at times. That's where any longevity may come from, I know it took me ages to crack one of the later missions.

Comment

The Armored Core series has pretty much all your bases covered, in terms of customisation.
                        However, i'll suggest a few, that aren't quite in the league of Gran Turismo mech modding. But still quite fun nontheless.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the 'Another Century's Episode' series on the JPN PS2.
                        Pretty much various Mobile Suit Gundam/ Aura Battler Dunbine/ Brain Powerd/ Macross and many more rolled into one. Fan service ahoy.

Tetsujin 28-GO [PS2]

Macross [PS2]

Comment

Trying out the Armored Core 4 demo. Can anyone tell me if the full game lets you invert the right stick? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                            GG Blaze is the only mech game I've played and I loved it too. Very short (in theory) and bulked out by having alternative versions of the same mission but played at a different time of day. Crude or may be better described as plain graphics but effective enough. It played well and I remember I found it quite tough at times. That's where any longevity may come from, I know it took me ages to crack one of the later missions.
                            I really cracked this game wide open; i completed every mission on the HELL difficulty. I still play this game today. It one of my top ten games ever!

Comment

Working...
                            X