Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994-2005 game that most deserves a remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994-2005 game that most deserves a remake?

(When I say 1994-2005, I really mean: PS1, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox1 and all PC games during these last two generations).

((And I suppose I kinda mean 3D games now that I'm in parenthesis mode))

There's no doubt that we are now in the best period of gaming there has ever been. Even games that only score 5 or 6 in Edge and GamesTM are often bloody good games.

Most modern 3D games now offer excellent controls, good structure, a brilliant UI etc etc. They all offer hours of gameplay, and usually excellent replay value.

The rerelease of Perfect Dark got me thinking. Are there any games from the last two generations that essentially only need a graphical and control/UI update to be able to survive in today's market as a standalone game? Isn't this what happened to Chronicles of Riddick: Athena's Whatyamacallit?

Best example I can think of:
    Deus Ex. Remake it with a newer engine and tighter controls, and surely it's a near perfect game?

Burning Rangers is long overdue a remake. It was an excellent game that was held back only by the limitations of the hardware. It was really clear that Sonic Team had high ambitions with the title, and the hardware struggled to accomodate.

Comment

I want an HD remake of RE1 , but with the RE4 camera.

I'd literally never play any other game again.

Comment

I'd love a RE1 full remake like the recent DLC for RE5.

Otherwise, Final Fantasy VII surely?

Would love Psi-Ops to come back one day as well, loved that game. LOVED it.

Comment

The original [and best] Unreal Tournament being bought to Xbox Live or Psn, Deck 16 anyone? Loved that game so much and that was on dial up with horrible connections for the most part so it would be great to try it again now.
          I still have the original pc game.

Comment

Final Fantasy V/VI redrawn in that I/II PSP Style.

Metroid Zero Mission, Return of Samus and Super Metroid made into one big 2D game would be nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
              The original [and best] Unreal Tournament being bought to Xbox Live or Psn, Deck 16 anyone? Loved that game so much and that was on dial up with horrible connections for the most part so it would be great to try it again now.
              I still have the original pc game.
              Agreed, I love the original UT. The sequels don't compare. I still install it now and again (with the fan-made high resolution texture packs). It still has the best CTF mode of any game, in my eyes.

Comment

MDK 1 (pc). The controls are the only thing that needs fixing up. Still beautiful due to the amazing 2d art.

Comment

killer instinct 2 with riptor/cinder/thunder added

Comment

Crazy Taxi. Throw in a some more online leaderboards a pich of 4-player online VS caboff and a slice of Crazy Box for good measure, perfect.
                    Wouldnt mind a remake of Rayman still in the 2D style, 1080p crispyness.
                    Maybe a new Rayman know the Rabbids are UBIs main focus, they are cool but looking at something like Ratchet and Clank on PS3, just think about what could be done with a new Rayman.
                    Last edited by Family Fry; 22-02-2010, 18:02.

Comment

Remake of Metroid 2 on Wiiware/DS =

A HD remake of Rayman 2 would be awesome.

Spyro and Crash trilogy HD remakes on XBLA

Viewitful joe HD remake on XBLA with online Co-op

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                        Remake of Metroid 2 on Wiiware/DS =
                        There's been a fan-made remake in development for a number of years.

Comment

Sega Rally purely visual. Sega Saturn handling model.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                            I want an HD remake of RE1 , but with the RE4 camera.

I'd literally never play any other game again.
                            You should have said Biohazard 2 and you'd have won.

A HD remake of Ridge Racer would be h'amaze IMO. Not this RR7 turbo boost rubbish, but the original game tarted right up for 2010.

*awaits people to say Rave Racer, but it isn't as good*
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Daytona USA please.

Comment

Working...
                              X