Final Fantasy XIII - 360 or PS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Fantasy XIII - 360 or PS3?

Could a mod make this a poll please? Just 360 or PS3 as option?

Firstly, please don't use this as a thread to flame each other, I just thought it'd be interesting to see which version people are going for and why.

Secondly, please only vote if you have both consoles and therefore have made a CHOICE as to which version.

Anyway...

I'm going 360 ltd edition as I play that console most, enjoy the achievements and because I have two 360s so can play any time I want, whereas my PS3 is sat in the lounge which is (obviously) a shared area!
    0%
    PS3
    0%

I've gone for the PS3 version for the following reasons:

- Can't be bothered with disc swapping or lengthy installation to the X360 HDD. Single Blu-ray disc and done!
    - prefer the Dualshock 3 Pad.
    - True 720p (lolz!)

Comment

It seems pretty simple to me.

It would be pretty hard to dispute that the PS3 version is the superior version. If a person happens to own a PS3 and simply wants to get whichever version is better, then PS3 it is. I'll be going PS3 because I have both a PS3 and 360 at home, and don't really care about Live/PSN stuff, achievements, trophies etc.

However, if you only have a 360 (or simply prefer to play games on the 360), then you won't be missing much by getting the 360 version. They're the same basic game after all, and the 360 version isn't 'broken' in any way,
      Last edited by sj33; 07-03-2010, 14:22.

Comment

Poll added.

I've gone for the PS3 version because, for me, it feels right playing it on the PS3. That is down to me having played previous Final Fantasy games on the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. Other reasons such as no disc swapping and true 720p also factored into me making my decision.
        Last edited by ezee ryder; 07-03-2010, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
          It seems pretty simple to me.

It would be pretty hard to dispute that the PS3 version is the superior version. If a person happens to own a PS3 and simply wants to get whichever version is better, then PS3 it is. I'll be going PS3 because I have both a PS3 and 360 at home, and don't really care about Live/PSN stuff, achievements, trophies etc.

However, if you only have a 360 (or simply prefer to play games on the 360), then you won't be missing much by getting the 360 version. They're the same basic game after all, and the 360 version isn't 'broken' in any way,
          Aye, it's nowhere near as bad as the PS3 version of Bayonetta.

Comment

PS3 for me as well.

Installing 3 disks worth of content doesn't appeal and I want the game to look and play the best it possibly can do, especially if I'm paying the same price regardless of console.

Comment

I forgot to mention, another reason I went 360 is that my current surround sound setup has only 2 x optical inputs, which are currently used for SkyHD and 360!

Cheers for the poll btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                I want the game to look and play the best it possibly can do, especially if I'm paying the same price regardless of console.
                I echo that sentiment too.

Comment

I would say though, we are how many years into the HD console generation and we're talking about "true 720p" like it's a bonus!

I would defo be going PS3 if it weren't for the reasons I mentioned. Also, I've seen the 360 version in the flesh and it looks gorgeous!

Comment

360, because I don't own a PS3.

Also PS3 has frame drop more than the 360 version or so I've read.

Also CRT means both are gonna look the same anyway.

Comment

Got both versions coming.

I originally placed my pre-order for the 360 Collector's edition version as despite the fact it was spread over multiple discs, history has shown that when it comes to multiplatform titles, 360 versions often have the edge technically so seemed the safest bet.

However the rumours about the poorer technical performance a week or so back had me concerned and was reconsidering my order then the confirmation a few days ago meant I put in a last minute order for the PS3 version (also Collector's Edition). Felt lucky to get that as the PS3 one is sold out at a lot of places online right now.

Of the 2 I am going to play through the game on PS3 purely because of the technical advantages it has. Not fussed about my overall achievement/trophy scores (I will go for them on particular titles that grab me but I wouldn't choose a format to play a game on purely to boost one total or another) and controller preference is largely irrelevant for an RPG.

Comment

Well I am playing the 360 version as its all I have but with my PS2/360 controller converter it will feel like I am playing on Playstation.

Comment

I've gone for the PS3 version because as many others have said it comes on the one disc and is a slightly better resolution.

Comment

ps3 just to feel slightly elitest.

Comment

I was originally playing do get the 360 version but having seen that its lower resolution i'll be going for the PS3 version. Difference in resolution makes a massive difference to the look of the game even if the PS3 does drop a few frames.

Comment

Working...
                              X