No announcement yet.

PlayStation Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks horribly uncomfortable - his shoulders will be aching after 5 minutes let alone several hours.

Comment

No sound here - is that monstrosity official or somebody's hack job?

Comment

Official. :|

Comment

Wow.. well it's tempting but I think I'll hold out for an over-the-shoulder bazooka version. Rocket launchers are always best in Killzone

Comment

Oh lord, that looks absolutely god awful. You can see how he is struggling with it.

Comment

Surely if you are holding a giant plastic gun you don't need to see a gun on the screen?

Comment

A PlayStation Move poster has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) after complaints that it was offensive, irresponsible and inappropriate for public display.

****ing ridiculous. On BOTH counts.

Comment

To be honest, before watching the Sharpshooter video I thought you were all making a fuss about nothing and I was pretty convinced that I was going to get it.

After watching it - yeah it looks uncomfortable, a naff way of playing and no, I won't be buying it.

Damn shame.

Has anyone bought Tron for PS3 yet? Are the Move parts any good?

Comment

They banned this ad because of 8 people. Unbelievable.

Comment

The ad does seem to be out of place, no need for it and to me it seems correctly banned.
                      Companies need to more responsible with video games and promotion especially if it's aimed at any age.

Comment

thought they would have been more considerate of the racisim issue though (after the PSP furore)

Comment

Originally posted by tonyk100 View Post
                          thought they would have been more considerate of the racisim issue though (after the PSP furore)
                          I think the shock and awe promotion was more thoughtful.

Comment

Yeah but the guy isn't black, they've just made him a kinda grey muted colour. Can't see anything wrong it myself.

Comment

What racism? The ASA clearly mentioned that the two characters had "slightly different skin tones" and that didn't have any bearing on their decision.

The mandated stupidity of us seemingly needing to reduce everybody to merely skin tones and then only being allowed to illustrate conflicts where the skin tones are identical is far more offensive than the advert itself.

The violence in this advert is a separate matter and the ASA notes it as such.

I can understand why some people may believe that it does "condone or encourage violent behavior" but I do also think that even as a child, I would understand that it isn't encouraging me to go around punching people.

If kids are going around punching people following this advert then surely we're all bright enough to understand that it's not the advert that has caused the problem and that violence is a reflection of something that's wrong elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by JP View Post
                                What racism? The ASA clearly mentioned that the two characters had "slightly different skin tones" and that didn't have any bearing on their decision.

The mandated stupidity of us seemingly needing to reduce everybody to merely skin tones and then only being allowed to illustrate conflicts where the skin tones are identical is far more offensive than the advert itself.

The violence in this advert is a separate matter and the ASA notes it as such.

I can understand why some people may believe that it does "condone or encourage violent behavior" but I do also think that even as a child, I would understand that it isn't encouraging me to go around punching people.

If kids are going around punching people following this advert then surely we're all bright enough to understand that it's not the advert that has caused the problem and that violence is a reflection of something that's wrong elsewhere?
                                Really?
                                For something that is targeted at all ages I think the advert is not suitable for all ages, despite the fact most can work out what's right and wrong. Do you really want your kids to ask you to buy a move kit based on that ad?
                                Apart from that it's also a really crap ad and false but that's a different matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X