No announcement yet.

PlayStation Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the end most games control better with a standard pad.

Comment

None of the games I've played so far with Move are better with a standard pad.

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
      Regarding that IGN review, they seem to forget that Razing Storm include TC4 and they already awarded TC4 and 8/10, ergo this game should at least be an 8/10.
      Apparently they also criticise the story? What on EARTH is that all about?

Comment

I've played the Sports Champions demo (and loved it - dying to get the full game) and I really liked the Tumble demo (apart from the annoying woman doing the voice over and her stupid faux-sultry tones).

I've got Resident Evil 5 with move support and been playing through it online co-op - and I'm dead impressed!

I've never played RE5 before and tried switching to DS3 the other night and it was nowhere near as good in comparison! Move FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
          Funny as I was on the verge of buying one based on the positive impressions I've been getting from this forum so far. Now it seems nobody likes it anymore?
          Sports Champion Table tennis was impressive. Echochrome ii was good. Tumble wasn't my thing. That was launch.

Launch has been close to 2 months ago and Echochrome ii isn't out yet, HR and RE5 became dull to me since I've played them already a lot before. The Shoot is broken and I find Razing Storm is the only good game so far (bar the horrible Story mode), but it works with my Guncon as well.

Whats on the Horizon are SOCOM, KZ3 which I never planned to play with Move myself. Leaves Sorcery, Ape Escape (footage make it seem its terrible), Move Heroes. For the rest idk.

As it stands I'd prefer the Kinect Panzer Dragoon game and Steel Batallion, even though this device is supposed to be purely casual.

Comment

Archery and Gladiator Duel are great on SC, along with Table Tennis. The former two both really require two Moves though.

Echochrome is due soon, that you're bored of HR and RE5 doesn't mean they don't exist to anyone else. Impressions of The Shoot are mixed (With many people preferring it to TC). http://www.gameslist.iwaggle3d.com/ << a list of announced games that do/will support the Move. It's not a small list.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people will fall over themselves to claim this is a failure, yet commercially it seems to be doing OK and getting good word of mouth. You already prefer two games that we know nothing about (Or am I wrong on that one?) that seem on past entries into the series horribly suited to a platform that you haven't played to any great extent, or possibly at all.

That's an unnecessarily defensive post from someone who's FAR from sold on the Move at the moment (I'm enjoying what I have, but the same was true of the Wii before I got bored VERY quickly), but a lot of your criticisms seem unfair.

Comment

Sony's approach with Move hasn't surprised me, they've never been aggressive when it comes to things like this. They seem to prefer to let things like this build momentum rather than make a Kinect style shout at launch (ala Eyetoy, Singstar etc). I'm sure I read somewhere that Sony's even said that they aren't pinning the PS3's future on Move in the way MS is with Kinect so they don't need to push it hard, it's more just a peripheral choice. And with PS3 due to overtake 360 for 2nd place in the market next year they've little reason to change the core approach they have now anyways.

Comment

I've been happy with it and also with the new and MOVE patched games.

None of the games have been especially brilliant in any way but I suppose many of the games that have been released are what I'd expect for a launch anyway.

That Fight game which they reviewed was always going to be a poor game and no control method was going to change that.

I've played the Time Crisis demo loads of times and the game seems to be exactly what it should be. I've not had any technical issues with the controllers, even while playing The Shoot demo which other people seem to have.

It does take time for developers to know what they're doing with new stuff and a few quickly developed launch games and patched DualShock games aren't much to judge the controller on but that's all we have at the moment.

Ours has been used steadily since launch but there certainly hasn't been any two hour sessions on a MOVE game but that's purely down to many of the games being Wii style fillers for launch.

I can't wait to play Time Crisis and I'm very tempted to buy John Daly's Pro Golf at some point because the Tiger Woods game should me just how much MOVE can add to a golf game.

Comment

Anyone bothered getting Rapala Fishing, was tempted to get that after hearing it worked really well with move, can't seem to find the game separately without the included fishing controller though, which i've heard is fairly poor in comparison.

Comment

To be precise I prefer the announcements of the PD game and Steel Batallion. I don't know how they'll work out but I expect the old Team Andromeda to know what they're doing and not bringing casual stuff.

Those were the kind of hardcore announcements and support I hoped to hit the Move. I was also kind of disappointed that we don't get a genuine Ape Escape. The old one launched the Dual Shock more or less so it would be fitting now, and its one of my favourite games still.

Comment

Bought Sports Champions today - traded in some stuff - looking forward to sticking it on tonight.

For Move, the best thing for the user to do at the moment is to download ALL the move demos and just have some fun.

There's a lot of entertainment there!

Comment

Sony's marketing seems to have done the job on some small scale.

Was just talking to my niece and she asked me if I still had a PS3, I told her I did and she said that her and her feller had ben thinking of buying a 360 (mainly for him) and a Wii which she was interested in herself but it would have suited the kids too.

They've now ordered a PS3 & MOVE bundle instead after seeing it on the telly.

Admittedly it's only one sale but it's perhaps one sale more than I was expecting.

Comment

That's probably the thing that sums up the casual gamer this gen has aimed at the most though, a sense of the easy sale. I'd say that anyone who only has a passing interest in gaming or is tempted purely on the basis of motion controls should buy a Wii over Move or Natal. To anyone who is casual enough to not care about 1:1 controls etc there isn't a single reason to pay the extra cost of the PS3 or 360 options yet they aren't informed enough to make the sensible choice.

Comment

Im probably looking through berk eyes, but is there an official set that includes both move controller and navigation? Or is anywhere doing a bundle, im spacking out, cant find.

Comment

Move bundle is cam and move only.
                              There maybe some sites doing bundles with nav thrown in, saving ?5 but at the moment there is no official nav/move bundle.

Comment

What games use the nav controller? At a guess im saying heavy rain and resi but is that it for the moment?

Also are there some games that benefit 2 wands? Ive seen on the advert people using 2. I had a surf around the web but the info for this is nowhere to be found!

Comment

Working...
                                X