Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this was actually how it looked, well, I'd be sold. If it's a fake, it's a damn good fake and really nice Nintendo-based design. I have a suspicion that shoulder buttons wouldn't be all that comfortable right against the screen like that and there's one other concern I'd have on DS compatibility which is that games that go across both screens usually compensate for that gap in the middle. The gap is missing here so things like timing on Metroid Pinball, for example, could be affected.

But as a prototype/mock-up/all-out fake, I like it.

Comment

They do show the DS-mode with the screens further apart.

Comment

Ah, okay, I missed that. Then that's that worry gone.

Comment

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Nintendo didn't put DS backward compatibility in the 3DS (have they announced this yet?)
          Is there still no way of transferring your DSi Ware purchases to another DSi?
          I'm curious to see how they deal with that onto 3DS.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            I wouldn't at all be surprised if Nintendo didn't put DS backward compatibility in the 3DS (have they announced this yet?)
            Is there still no way of transferring your DSi Ware purchases to another DSi?
            I'm curious to see how they deal with that onto 3DS.

The late night press release said the 3DS would be backwards compatible with DS and DSi software.
            No mention of transferring DSi content between devices. I doubt it since they don't offer it for current hardware.

Comment

I'd bet alot of money the 3DS will also be a clamshell design

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if the real thing looked as cool as this mock up!?

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post

I don't know looks kinda fugly... I don't like the ends being squished like that.

Comment

Reminds me a bit of a psp.

Comment

That's nice but I preferred that earlier image.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                        I quite like that, reminds me a little of the Game and Watch units.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                          Reminds me a bit of a psp.
                          Or that Gameboy advance square thing that was released, but bigger.

But yeah, that's bulky as hell.

Comment

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Check the upload date on that...

Comment

My view on the design is that it'll be like the DSi but a cm or two wider.

It's looking like the screen size will be around the same size (maybe 5-15mm wider) and it wouldn't be too hard to shrink the bezel (rumours suggest they've done that). There may be a slight design quirk to clearly differentiate it from the DS range (my bet would be slightly cut off corners).

They're not going to do stuff like in that 3D render. Far too fragile for a product made out of nintendium (it's important that the back of the screen is protected too). Also can't see them going back to something like the DS phat. It's going to be flat and feature smooth lines, they'll want it to be sleek to compare well with iphone/ipads and whatever Sony decide for the PSP2.

Comment

I overheard a conversation in game station the other day - A chav was talking to the staff about how his uncle works for playstation and how he'd seen and played the playstation 4. It was priceless. he stated in a most authoritive tone that the ps4 was made of a single sheet of glass that floated in mid air and that there were no visible electronics inside (presumably the ps4 is powered by pure chave life force) he said some more hilarious **** about the control pad etc but I forgot that bit. so anyway,
                                my point:

I think the 3DS is going to probably be sort of like a floating cloud of pinkish, glittery gas that sort of hovers around the front of your face and creates these really amazingly vivid images. the only down side that I can see is that I imagine the images will all be in red and black.

Comment

Working...
                                X