X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's risky business in this country

Comment

Dammit!

Cosmo Blue with Super SFIV pre-ordered today.

I'm so weak!!

Comment

Does the Circle pad slide like PSP nub or is there some tilt action?

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
          Does the Circle pad slide like PSP nub or is there some tilt action?
          Slidey, slidey. But where it dips in it feels more comfortable to use than the PSPs nub.

Comment

Kind of wish it had 2. If PSP2 rocks two, then 3D can go and run.

Nah, not really. Nothing like a new console excitement. I'm counting down the days...

Comment

Street Pass feature sounds interesting. I like how it's utilised in SSFIV.

Do many of you or anybody in this country walk the street with a console in their pocket?

I have, but not much. In Japan everyone and their nan is gaming on the street/public transport.
              I don't really see the point in the UK unless you get really lucky. Here it's usually 4-5 people per carriage with a PSP during commuting hours.

I've still so far only seen one person with a DS.

I'm getting more and more intrigued by Steel Diver, although I think rotating the view will be impossible when playing in bed, let's hope for L/R functionality for that as well.
              Last edited by dataDave; 22-01-2011, 17:58.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                I don't really see the point in the UK unless you get really lucky. Here it's usually 4-5 people per carriage with a PSP during commuting hours.

I've still so far only seen one person with a DS.

I'm getting more and more intrigued by Steel Diver, although I think rotating the view will be impossible when playing in bed, let's hope for L/R functionality for that as well.
                I have tried a few gyroscope controlled games on my iPhone 4 and the novelty lasts about 5 minutes for shooting games. It's really difficult to do unless you are stood up. Driving games are much better though. Real Racing is so much better with gyroscope turning rather than tilt sensor.

I was a bit fed up when I saw 3DS has gyroscope inboard cos I want to control my games with the analogue slider. The reason I can't get on with most games on iPhone is lack of hardware controls so I hope the 3DS devs offer a button option every time they use the gyroscope in a game

Comment

The problem associated with these things is not that they're there, it's when they're used. Take Scribblenauts, for example (using that as an example as most know it but it's not the only example). Because the touchscreen was there, they felt they had to use it. Was there pressure from Nintendo to make games unique to the DS (genuine question)? Whether there was or wasn't, everyone could see that the main control mechanism should have been the d-pad.

Touchscreen totally rocked for Ouendan. Was perfect. So it served a purpose. But not all games should have used it.

When it comes to the gyroscope, I just hope devs use it where it can add to an experience, not just because it's there.

Comment

Praying that gyroscope control will be switch-off-able in OoT

Comment

If I pre order with shop to - when do they take the money and are they good for getting stuff to you on release day?

Comment

I caved in and pre-ordered one, even though I don't want any of the launch games.
                        What a fool!

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                        If I pre order with shop to - when do they take the money and are they good for getting stuff to you on release day?

I don't know, but they haven't taken any money from me yet and apparently my pre-order is secure.

However, they warned me there's no guarantee that I'll get it on time, because they don't know their stock allocation yet. (But seeing as there's no games I guess I can wait! )

Comment

Originally posted by Tig View Post
                          I caved in and pre-ordered one, even though I don't want any of the launch games.
                          What a fool!
                          A 3D fool. The best kind of fool! I'm going to do the same...

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
                            Never pre-ordered a console from Shopto, but I have pre-ordered/bought over 50 games from them. When a game is due to be released on the usual Friday, they usually take your money around Tuesday the same week, informing your via email/text, and I usually get the game Thursday, sometimes Wednesday.

If the game is massively anticipated i.e a CoD game, Shopto tend to email you when the title comes in stock, informing you that they're taking your money and due to mass orders, they are packing them for shipping earlier than usual so they can get them out on time. As usual, the game usually arrives at least a day before actual release date.

Comment

Praying that gyroscope control will be switch-off-able in OoT
                              In the video I saw it in, the person said you could either use the gyroscope or use the analogue stick / nub slider thingy to look around. It was on either Kotaku or Gametrailers, I think.

Comment

Never pre-ordered a console from Shopto, but I have pre-ordered/bought over 50 games from them. When a game is due to be released on the usual Friday, they usually take your money around Tuesday the same week, informing your via email/text, and I usually get the game Thursday, sometimes Wednesday.

If the game is massively anticipated i.e a CoD game, Shopto tend to email you when the title comes in stock, informing you that they're taking your money and due to mass orders, they are packing them for shipping earlier than usual so they can get them out on time. As usual, the game usually arrives at least a day before actual release date.

I'll probably just order it from Game then. Despite the fact I'll be 32 when this comes out - I'll have a right mood on if I cant play on release day.

Comment

Working...
                                X