This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
    Excellent footage there, thanks for the share.

Comment

Just a heads up about the hmv trade-in offer.

Yes it's ?229.99* but if you pre-order & trade in your ds lite/dsi/dsi xl you get an extra ?20 trade-in value. So a DS Lite & ?164.99 get's you a 3DS. Naturally there will be other bundles announced nearer the time. IIrc a DSI XL & ?119.99 get's you one too. Can't recall the DSI value but i think it's ?25 better than Game too.

You only get the extra ?20 trade-in value if you re-order before march 19th though.

*presently

Comment

The two Ubisoft games there look awful

Comment

Just preordered the Aqua blue unit, what games are you going for?
          I was impressed with the way Zelda looked in those videos and being a launch console I have to have Ridge (no matter how crap).
          Dunno about others maybe SSIV or Dead or Alive hmmm.

Comment

In all honesty, nothing really interests me. I'm getting SMB for free but I imagine I'll be sticking with 3DS ware for a few weeks.

Comment

S...M...B? Super Mario Bros?

Edit: Monkey Ball. Got there eventually.

Comment

Single Mothers at Bathtime!

super monkey ball

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Really? But wouldn't that end up looking like Parappa the Rapper or something? I'm surprised Crysis could get away with that.
                  Been thinking about this How I'd do it, render the player's gun in full 3D (ie render twice from both viewports), to give the impression of "coming out of the screen". Everything else, render once, using the average Z of the model as the 3D plane depth.

I think that would work 99% of the time. Possibly have a quick test for projectiles coming at you, and explosions particles, and give them the full 3D treatment.

This may sound like it's making everything flat / on a plane / not real 3D, but it's not far removed from how they retrofit 2D movies - rotoscope all the elements (eg whole people) and shove them in a plain. It's not as good as the Avatar 3D, but I'd guess most people wouldn't notice or care.

Comment

I have an Acer 3d laptop that converts any PC game to 3d on the fly with some software called tri def. It's really impressive kit and everything I tried from HL2 and Fallout 3 to Medieval TW2 pack lots of depth.
                    I don't understand why this cheap laptop can do this conversion like that but other solutions need 3d specific version of games

Comment

That's interesting. Getting Z-depth the GPU maybe?

Comment

Ohhhhh

"Nintendo helping Tecmo with a glossy remake of Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly"

It's scary enough in 2D!

Comment

I didn't realise you look around in Zelda by moving the unit around. In 3D that's gonna be ace.

The submarine game looks pretty atmospheric actually, might give it a bash.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Yeah, if that game has some variety in locales (being near the arctic and whatnot), it could be one of the better launch games I think.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              I didn't realise you look around in Zelda by moving the unit around. In 3D that's gonna be ace.

Won't that be horrible? With the [apparently] very narrow 3D viewing angle, you'd have to move your head pretty accurately with the machine.

Actually, I wonder how narrow the viewing angle is and how much the 3D "moves" if you move the unit around. Because on say a train, the bumping around cause all kinds of issues - motion sickness, eye strain, headaches? Could be completely wrong about that, but as the 3D is parallex screens, going off angle just a few degrees would affect the depth the 3D elements appear at, surely?

Comment

Street Pass feature sounds interesting. I like how it's utilised in SSFIV.

Do many of you or anybody in this country walk the street with a console in their pocket?

I have, but not much. In Japan everyone and their nan is gaming on the street/public transport.

Comment

Working...
                                X