This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I don't get it. I'm living in the past trying to pimp the awesomeness of the 3DS? Considering it brings both old AND new to the table?

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
        I can't believe how excited people are. honestly. Its another DS with the same old games. oh and a 3D screen. Some people will buy into anything I swear.
        Whilst I can sympathise with a lot of your modern gaming irks, I find it hard to believe that you honestly cannot comprehend why some people would be interested in this. The DS has had some incredible titles over the years, and considering it's only been shown to the public for the first time today there's a huge amount of praise for the new hardware, and it's got a LOT of support from the off.

I bet if it had a JAMMA loom you'd be camping outside Game the night before with your pipe and slippers

Comment

It's gorgeous and it works!

There were some lovely ladies walking the Zelda queue with 3DS for people to check out. The screen is really nice and the 3D effect is really good.

I've got piccies but can't upload them until later in the week due to having no memory card slot on this PC.

Apparently I've got a Nintendo booth tour tomorrow so I should get a pretty decent hands on with one. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            I bet if it had a JAMMA loom you'd be camping outside Game the night before with your pipe and slippers
            Be good for a bit of Ketsui Death Label I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              It's gorgeous and it works!

There were some lovely ladies walking the Zelda queue with 3DS for people to check out. The screen is really nice and the 3D effect is really good.

I've got piccies but can't upload them until later in the week due to having no memory card slot on this PC.

Apparently I've got a Nintendo booth tour tomorrow so I should get a pretty decent hands on with one. Fingers crossed.
              Was the booth not open then?

Hoping today brings us tech specs, game videos and a release date. I suspect we'll have to wait to TGS for more info though.

Any comment on the viewing angle and stuff and how it affects the vision? Comments I've seen so far seem to indicate that theres a relatively narrow bubble where you get the full 3D, past that the effect fades and when you get way past that, you get that serated effect you get from those 3D cards.

Comment

I have to say it looks like nintendo have really pulled up a chair to this one. Just shows that a bit of healthy competition can be a good thing.

Comment

I was at friend's home to see the conference so I wasn't able to join for the live-posting...there's Etrian Odyssey on it. Kid Icarus might look brilliant and the hint on a possible StarFox game was pure joy, but there's a new Etrian Odyssey on it. Where's the line to get one?

Comment

People probably want old games because old games are better.

They go nuts over OoT, Sly Collection, Snake Eater.. ICO + SotC remakes (will happen) and FFVII is being begged for... Square even said they can't remake that as it would be a too time consuming project. A lot of games have become shallow because of graphics over quality.

3DS seem to offer quality games from both old and new. Starfox 64 is one of the few N64 games I consider to be legendary, looks to become awesome on 3DS. I'm curious about Snake Eater as well. And new announcements such as RE, Icarus etc. Its a perfect blend.

That said, Third Birthday on PSP might've been my game of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                      No mention of the innards so far. Probably safe to assume it uses SD (or something similar) though
                      The Press site was updated

Input/Output:
                      A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS? family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                        Was the booth not open then?
                        Yeah, it's massive (I'll post pics when I get the chance) but the queues are huuuuuuuge!!

I've got an appointment to see it in a special area tomorrow so I'll take loads of pics and get as much info out of the guy as I can.

Comment

You lucky lucky guy. Looking forward to see your impressions mate
                          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by THE MIGHTY REGGIE
                            a charging cradle terminal
                            No one's picked up on this. An AC adapter as well as 'a charging cradle terminal'?.

Looks like it'll have TV out or link to the Wii

Comment

Thank Nintendo for this year's slice of E3 wonder. Last year Microsoft blew minds with the first reveal of Project Nata…

Digital Foundry article.

Their conclusion : About as powerful as a Dreamcast but not as powerful as a Gamecube. No pixel shaders. They feel it's slightly underpowered. They were left slightly cold by Starfox being a straight port.

Comment

EDIT dammit you beat me by seconds!

Thank Nintendo for this year's slice of E3 wonder. Last year Microsoft blew minds with the first reveal of Project Nata…

What we do have is a massively significant increase in rendering power over the existing DS, leap-frogging the PSP and probably offering around the same horsepower as a Dreamcast, maybe in some respects giving PS2-level performance. But from everything I've seen so far there's no sign of the sort of rendering features that you see in iPad or iPhone 3GS, so no evidence of programmable pixel shaders or other state-of-the-art OpenGL ES 2.0 loveliness
                                "Naked Sample Edition" for E3.
                                Oli's already raved about this, but this is an important title not least because Kojima Productions has put its name to it, meaning that it's the real deal. Not only that but the demo itself is very reminiscent of the extended trailers Kojima-san's team used to put together to thrill us at the trade shows of yore. There's just one difference with this one: it's clearly running in real-time, and we have control of the camera via the analogue nub.
                                What impresses here is that it looks as though Capcom has tried to scale back its Resident Evil 5 models to work on the 3DS. While backgrounds are very simplistic, those player models are astonishingly well-realised and very good-looking. The fact that the Chris Redfield model is readily recognisable from his HD adventures speaks for itself.
                                The final piece of playable action is a stereoscopic 3D rendition of Starfox 64. This is probably the most disappointing demo of the lot though. As it's derived directly from the N64 title textures are of a low quality, models are low-poly and the action just doesn't offer anything new or exciting.
                                Other elements of the 3DS remain something of a puzzle. At the conference Nintendo confirmed that the 3DS features a motion sensor and gyroscope. This is curious as there is a limited viewing angle with the stereoscopic screen, and extreme wobbling of the unit kills the 3D effect, as you would expect from a game supporting actual motion of the console.
                                Speaking of which, it is interesting to point out that the 3D depth slider doesn't work for movie playback, where you effectively get a choice of watching in either two or three dimensions with no tweaking of the latter. This effectively confirms that the 3D slider is computationally altering the twin in-game 3D cameras on the fly in actual 3DS software, and that the 2D mode most likely works simply by turning off the output to one eye and adjusting the cameras accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X