DJ Sacks weekly appreciation thread: Wave Race 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camps Posted: Fri Sep 19, 9:12 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/admin mode on

can we get back on topic please - what does it matter if the thread is called DJ Sacks appreciation.... or just appreciation of..... - i would much rather read peeps appreciation of games rather than bitching about the wording of a topic title

/admin mode off
    Oh.

Comment

I've just got both WR 64 and WR:BS through the post this week, however I'd never played WR 64 before.

It's good fun, and very enjoyable to play - a great little game with nice 'pick up and play' handling. It's much better in multiplayer as well, compared with Blue Storm, as my mates picked it up with absolutely no probs and (with handicap on) it was competitive.

However, I prefer WR: BS personally. It's a game that requires quite a bit of dedication to learn the nuances of jet ski/waves combined and it's just great fun to fling the Jet Ski around in Free Roam mode.

I can understand how people have preference towards WR 64 though, due to it's 'feel'.

K.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikman
        saif

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2:23 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does your name need to be in the thread? We can see who started it.
        I don't appreciate that.
        Yeah, why does your name have to be in the thread?

Also, are you a real DJ?

And if you are a DJ, could you explain the 'Sack' bit

Thank you.
        Why cant it be in the thread? I like it because its my weekly threads rather than a random weekly thread. I used to do a bit of mixing and music creation but other than that no, and sack is a play on sound of my surname Sach, which is said SA-CH. but everyone says sack. Kind of a nick name. thanks for the people sticking up for me here, although it shouldnt be needed, but thanks Now thats over with...

I really love the sunset level, level 2 i think, just the music and the mines you have to dodge, or corners you can cut, especially on hard on the final lap, theres two bouys you can go for to keep your boost or you can cut the corner, missing the bouys and just winning.

The music is great too, its very subtle but it just adds so much, and no matter how much anyone moans, i still get excitied when the commentator screams stuff out.

And getting the dolphin cheat and seeing that in the intro. It is just so fantastic it just has a feeling your there, the atmosphere is top notch, and every level has great bits about it, the harbour place where if you time the waves right you can jump over a wall, and having to dodge planks so as not to fall off. And showing off as you cross the finish line while doing tricks. It just feels so perfect.

And the night time track is great too, with reflections and hidden tunnels etc.

Jet ski riders i didnt really light, they seemed to floaty and big, not small and zippy and solid. But graphically it is good.

Also who could forget the level where the tide goes out so one minute you can jump the pirate ship and the next you have trouble crossing the finish line as the tide is so far out.

Comment

I loved Wave Race 64, probably my most played N64 game. I even took time to master the stunt mode which I never got into with Blue Storm.

Favourite track was probably Southern Island - Which I was therefore glad to see make the update!

Comment

Working...
          X