Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticker residue - how best to shift the bugger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighter Fluid or terrible body sprays make for handy to grab alternatives

Originally posted by Brats View Post
    I nick my wife's nail varnish remover.
    Be careful though, some of those will leave a permanent mark upon the plastic though!

Comment

I use Goo Gone, bought a bottle in the US, shifts any glue especially on plastics. Which reminds me, I'm almost out so I could do with a new bottle of something...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I use blu tac too, for stickers on dvds and cds.

Damn stickers. Neurotic's Blight.

Comment

For DVDs/CDs etc. I use the sticker itself, once peeled off, to remove the leftover residue (using a dabbing motion). If the sticker starts to lose its stickiness before the job is done I then revert to sellotape.

I like the symmetry of using the sticker to clean up its mess

-weresheep

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
            My old man is the complete opposite and won't allow me to take any stickers from his stuff, even the crappy bargain bin price stickers from CDs he's bought from Tesco's discount shelf.
            What if you were to buy him a DVD? Would you remove the stickers or leave them on, knowing he'd want them on?

Loving the advice in this thread so far, guys, especially the cpu cleaner tip, I might give that a go seeing as I've been scared out of using it on cpus anymore. Better than leaving it on the shelf doing nothing.

I usually just use my thumb to rub the residue off by rolling it up. I think the skin oils make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by weresheep View Post
              For DVDs/CDs etc. I use the sticker itself, once peeled off, to remove the leftover residue (using a dabbing motion).
              this. otherwise eucalyptus oil has served me well.

Comment

Originally posted by mekanor View Post
                this. otherwise eucalyptus oil has served me well.
                Thats what i use or any other oil based stuff. Lighter fluid is also great too.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                  What if you were to buy him a DVD? Would you remove the stickers or leave them on, knowing he'd want them on?
                  I'd take off any price stickers, but leave on any special features guff.

Comment

Working...
                  X