X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The realistic comparison is:

Games With Gold for December
    The Escapists 2 (Dec 1 - 31)
    Tropico 5 Penultimate Edition (Dec 16 – Jan 15)
    Orcs Must Die! (Dec 1 – 15)
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (Dec 16 – 31)

PS+ Games for December
    Godfall: Challenger Edition | PS5 & PS4
    Lego DC Super-Villains | PS4
    Mortal Shell | PS4
    The Persistence | PS VR
    The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners | PS VR
    Until You Fall | PS VR

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Eh, I can see where Escape-to-88 is coming from. Despite GWG and PS+ really being the 'equivalent' services, practically every Xbox owner has GP too, so that's what they're inevitably going to compare it to.

A fairer comparison would obviously be GP vs PS Now, but so few people seem to have the latter service that it often doesn't get mentioned. I actually don't know how good the selection on there is - a quick Google reveals it's about the same size in terms of game library, but it seems to get much less press in terms of brand new games being added to it, and my personal perception is that it tends to get older software. Maybe that's wrong though and a PS Now fan can correct me.
      it's mainly PS4 stuff and it very rarely gets anything new or note worthy. Where gamepass differs is Microsoft. lauch all first party games straight onto it so things like Forza 5 and Halo Infinite are day one for gamepass, the equivalent would be Sony launching a new God of War or GT on to psnow which they dont do.

Microsoft seem to get a lot more mid tier and indie stuff on gamepass too so it has a lot more of an interesting selection of games, thing like outriders and Sable showing up day one isn't something you tend to see on ps now either.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Xblgold is the same as ps+. Gamepass is a separate service on top. You just have a broken perception of value since your essentially not paying anything at all for gamepass, when in fact it’s an entire charge ontop of xblgold, well it is on paper not that anyone pays full price because of the loopholes left in place.
        You have a 'broken perception' of being a reasonable human-being, it seems.
        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Hang on... I've got PS+, are we saying I should have access to over 300 games for free?! I need to contact Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
            it's mainly PS4 stuff and it very rarely gets anything new or note worthy. Where gamepass differs is Microsoft. lauch all first party games straight onto it so things like Forza 5 and Halo Infinite are day one for gamepass, the equivalent would be Sony launching a new God of War or GT on to psnow which they dont do.

Microsoft seem to get a lot more mid tier and indie stuff on gamepass too so it has a lot more of an interesting selection of games, thing like outriders and Sable showing up day one isn't something you tend to see on ps now either.
            Sounds like what I thought! Last time I checked it, a year or two ago, it was basically all old PS4 stuff, and it sounds like it hasn't changed.

Honestly I don't think comparing PS+ and GP Ultimate is outrageous. In both cases they seem by far the most popular subscription on the machine in question, so in both cases they represent the experience the average customer is going to have. Obviously when comparing them you have to take into account that GPU is ~£120 per year and PS+ is ~£50. But it's OK to compare cheaper things to more expensive things. That's allowed.

I'm not sure the PS+/GWG comparison is even interesting or worth making. Does anyone care about GWG? It seems irrelevant in the age of GP.

EDIT:

My perspective is that when GPU is offering such a broad range of software, including brand new indies and the latest MS exclusives on a regular basis, Sony need to pull their finger out more.

A demo version of a maligned launch game and a couple of older budget titles is not really cutting it. A smaller selection of software is obviously fine considering it's less than half the price of GPU, but the selection should be something more interesting.
            Last edited by wakka; 02-12-2021, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              Hang on... I've got PS+, are we saying I should have access to over 300 games for free?! I need to contact Sony.
              If only its a worse service and their is no PlayStation plus ultimate, and no £1 deal to convert up all your existing sub to ultimate,

gamepass ultimate honestly is the best deal in gaming at the moment i feel bad about taking so much for so little, for around 61 quid the cost of the new Forza on its own i don't have to worry about anything for a couple of years, the next time Microsoft want money form me for Gamepass or gold is March 2024

I can kind of see why people equate something on gamepass as being free now, as once you've finished or played a lots of one big first party game your essentially had your moneys worth out of it and anything after that is all gravy.
              Last edited by Lebowski; 02-12-2021, 10:57.

Comment

I was being facetious....
                I do think Sony needs to up its game with ps+. They introduced the PlayStation collection last year and have done nothing with it.
                In my mind they could just keep dumping games from PS+ into there and start building up a catalogue.

Comment

I would, call the newspapers as well, it’s completely anti consumer.

Comment

I just had to renew my ps plus sub, more so I can play some of the tiles I've claimed but not played yet. I must say that the quality has been so so this year though there are usually one or two inclusions each year that make the 50 squids worth it.

My gold sub has been a complete waste of time as I've hardly turned on my Xbone this year. If I was more invested I'd definitely get the game pass I think it's awesome value.

Comment

I was being facetious....
                      I do think Sony needs to up its game with ps+. They introduced the PlayStation collection last year and have done nothing with it.
                      In my mind they could just keep dumping games from PS+ into there and start building up a catalogue.
                      yeah i get that hence the "if only" comment

Regarding the PS+ collection that Sony added they kind of don't really need to do anything until it starts affecting sales, its not doing and software sales are still strong so i can kind of see why their not in a hurry to give their games away for a small monthly fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                        Precisely my point.
                        Sorry, I missed you mentioning GWG in your previous post, my mistake!

Comment

At least the Lego game looks decent not played one in a while, won't even tag Godfall for the library or anything Gearbox for that matter. Played Mortal Shell on gamepass, it's not great. If it wasn't for my progression for Apex, Genshin and Dead by Daylight be locked to playstation i would not renew my sub coming in december.

Comment

It’s probably moot considering how many of us remain subscribed to each service for online play, but Games with Gold offerings are free to keep after your XBL sub ends(probably why they’re always old 360/OG games). PS+ games won’t work if you leave PS+ but they’re mostly PS4 games and you can play them again if you subscribe again later.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              Games with Gold offerings are free to keep after your XBL sub ends(probably why they’re always old 360/OG games). PS+ games won’t work if you leave PS+ but they’re mostly PS4 games and you can play them again if you subscribe again later.
                              Pretty sure this only applies to the 360 games.

I remember my Games With Gold expired and I couldn't carry on with Ryse, for example.

Any Xbox One or S/X games won't be playable after your sub expires, unless this has changed?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Pretty sure this only applies to the 360 games.
                                You are correct - the 360 games remain in your account if claimed, Xbox One games do not once your Xbox Live sub expires.

Comment

Working...
                                X