No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 2021 PS+ offerings confirmed by Sony now - there was some speculation a bit earlier, so what did we end up with?

December 2021 PS Plus Free Games

Available from December 7, 2021 until January 3, 2022

Godfall Challenger Edition -- PS4, PS5
    Mortal Shell -- PS4
    Lego DC Super Villains -- PS4
    The Persistence -- PSVR
    The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners -- PSVR
    Until You Fall -- PSVR

[source]

Comment

Blimey these are getting worse and worse. Nothing there for me.

Comment

To make this month even worse Godfall isn’t even the full game, it doesn’t include the story mode, wow just wow.

Comment

Stack thus up against Gamepass or even the free Games with Gold and this is abysmal.
          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Guna stop you right there, ps+ isn’t gamepass. Lets not compare ps+ to a service that,

A: ms are haemorrhaging money on a daily basis even at full sub price.
            B: no one on here has paid full price for, don’t say you do because no one does inc me.

Comment

Well, I love the LEGO games, so playing through DC Supervillians with my son over Christmas sounds ace.

Comment

I've wanted to try Godfall.

My son loves LEGO so that's another we can co-op.

I love the whole "compared to GamePass" rhetoric that's wheeled out every month.

As [MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION] says, PS+ isn't the same as GamePass so to put the two head-to-head is folly.

Comment

Still waiting for that big lego starwars compilation game, 1-9 is it? Looks like a great pack.

Godfall will have to be a cex £10 jobby now if i want to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Guna stop you right there, ps+ isn’t gamepass. Lets not compare ps+ to a service that,

A: ms are haemorrhaging money on a daily basis even at full sub price.
                    B: no one on here has paid full price for, don’t say you do because no one does inc me.
                    Why would we not compare it when, regardless of what it's dressed up as, it's an equivalent service? I have both a PS5 and Series X and haven't paid full price for either of the services they offer. My comment wasn't concerned with who or what is hemorrhaging money; I'm not involved in their business model in any way. My comment is stating that as a consumer who pays for both of the consoles' offerings which are equivalent services PS+'s offerings are usually quite meagre by comparison.

Comment

PS+ needs to be compared to Games With Gold. They're the same thing; """""""free"""""" games rolled out every month with similar back end deals for developers that you get when you pay to have access to online functionality on your £450 console.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                        PS+ needs to be compared to Games With Gold. They're the same thing; """""""free"""""" games rolled out every month with similar back end deals for developers that you get when you pay to have access to online functionality on your £450 console.
                        Precisely my point.

Comment

I too think you're trying to unfairly compare two different services.

Come on, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                            Why would we not compare it when, regardless of what it's dressed up as, it's an equivalent service? I have both a PS5 and Series X and haven't paid full price for either of the services they offer. My comment wasn't concerned with who or what is hemorrhaging money; I'm not involved in their business model in any way. My comment is stating that as a consumer who pays for both of the consoles' offerings which are equivalent services PS+'s offerings are usually quite meagre by comparison.
                            Xblgold is the same as ps+. Gamepass is a separate service on top. You just have a broken perception of value since your essentially not paying anything at all for gamepass, when in fact it’s an entire charge ontop of xblgold, well it is on paper not that anyone pays full price because of the loopholes left in place.

Comment

Godfall is not the full game and tantamount to a demo version Godfall: Challenger Edition skips the campaign and puts you straight into endgame content with no character grind or access to the story.

Your essentially getting a fully built lvl 50 character and access to a few endgame modes. To play any of the campaign you will have to upgrade the ps+version to the digital deluxe version, Sony and Gearbox, getting a fair bit of stick for this online, so its an even worse month than it initially looks.
                              Last edited by Lebowski; 02-12-2021, 10:29.

Comment

Eh, I can see where Escape-to-88 is coming from. Despite GWG and PS+ really being the 'equivalent' services, practically every Xbox owner has GP too, so that's what they're inevitably going to compare it to.

A fairer comparison would obviously be GP vs PS Now, but so few people seem to have the latter service that it often doesn't get mentioned. I actually don't know how good the selection on there is - a quick Google reveals it's about the same size in terms of game library, but it seems to get much less press in terms of brand new games being added to it, and my personal perception is that it tends to get older software. Maybe that's wrong though and a PS Now fan can correct me.

Comment

Working...
                                X