Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
    At least the Lego game looks decent not played one in a while, won't even tag Godfall for the library or anything Gearbox for that matter. Played Mortal Shell on gamepass, it's not great. If it wasn't for my progression for Apex, Genshin and Dead by Daylight be locked to playstation i would not renew my sub coming in december.
    The whole paying to play online is a pain in the arse, i can count on one hand the amount of games Ive played via PS+ over the last few years as i tend to buy the games i want, theirs nothign worse than seeing game you've just bought show up on plus either.

Gold feels even less like it has a place in modern gaming it's is in direct competition with Gamepass and really needs dropping, if Microsoft where to do this i think it would really shake up the third party market, imagine the pros and cons of a system then if one had no barrier to entry for online play.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 02-12-2021, 16:04.

Comment

PS+ is completely abysmal. There's no other word for it. I can't remember the last time I got excited about and was surprised by let alone actually played one of the freebies, and if it wasn't for my son being into Rocket League, Overwatch and Minecraft online I'd sack it off.

Comment

I buy a year's worth on sale, every time. Never pay full for it. Frankly I use it for the extra sales ps+ members get... And that's about it. We did get Horizon and a Tomb raider I think this year I played.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          The whole paying to play online is a pain in the arse, i can count on one hand the amount of games Ive played via PS+ over the last few years as i tend to buy the games i want, theirs nothign worse than seeing game you've just bought show up on plus either.

Gold feels even less like it has a place in modern gaming it's is in direct competition with Gamepass and really needs dropping, if Microsoft where to do this i think it would really shake up the third party market, imagine the pros and cons of a system then if one had no barrier to entry for online play.
          Online access should just be free but then Sony wouldn't get a bean off me otherwise, like most i cannot remember then last time i downloaded monthly PSN game and everything on the welcome pack for Ps5 owners i've played anyway or don't want to waste my time on (Days Gone and the remasters of Ps3 games).

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Pretty sure this only applies to the 360 games.

I remember my Games With Gold expired and I couldn't carry on with Ryse, for example.

Any Xbox One or S/X games won't be playable after your sub expires, unless this has changed?
            Crikey, I had no idea GwG had XBO games. I don’t pay much attention to it but it always seems to have 360/OG stuff.

:edit: ahh, the indie titles are XBO games.

:edit2: ok it covers all three Xbox generations and isn’t just indies.
            Last edited by randombs; 03-12-2021, 06:43.

Comment

The problem with Games with Gold and PS+ now is that they've been running for so long (it's close to 8 years), that most of the good stuff they've been able to put on the service, has already been put on the service. It's no surprise these (not really) free offerings have gotten weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                The problem with Games with Gold and PS+ now is that they've been running for so long (it's close to 8 years), that most of the good stuff they've been able to put on the service, has already been put on the service. It's no surprise these (not really) free offerings have gotten weaker.
                if gaming stood still youd be right but theirs this crazy thing called new releases and they happen all the time

Comment

Even with new releases the pool of available "big hitter" titles that can be put on the services gets smaller.
                  Last edited by MartyG; 03-12-2021, 07:41.

Comment

Not to mention new releases are needed to generate profits so more games can be made in the future, plus lots of games never see the light of day on something like ps+\xblg for whatever reason, ill bet the pool of available games to even get on a service like that isn’t that big outside of 1st party titles.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Not to mention new releases are needed to generate profits so more games can be made in the future, plus lots of games never see the light of day on something like ps+\xblg for whatever reason, ill bet the pool of available games to even get on a service like that isn’t that big outside of 1st party titles.
                      Sony are Microsoft seem to do ok, New games like Bugsnaxs, Maquette, Hell Let Loose, and destruction allstars launched straight into the PS+ service this year, and then their is always a rolling list of older games that they can plunder, last years battlefield call of duty ect and games that haven't done great at retail like Star Wars Squadron. Microsoft has an entire 360 back catalogue to plunder too and doesn't seem to be that arsed about quality either.

Comment

Yeah I don't buy that there are too few games available to sustain the services. Microsoft don't seem to have any trouble providing a constant flow of new and interesting stuff for Game Pass.

Comment

There are plenty of indie games, but people moan about these - however, the pool of big hitter AAA games IS getting smaller - 48 titles a year over the 10 years of PS+ (and it was 6 games a month previously), Sony have needed to find 480 titles (ish) and counting, the back catalogue has already had a lot of use.

Despite that, there have still been a good selection of games, all of these were part of the 2021 offerings

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
                          Control: Ultimate Edition
                          Final Fantasy VII Remake
                          Remnant: From the Ashes
                          Oddworld: Soulstorm
                          Days Gone
                          Zombie Army 4: Dead War
                          Wreckfest
                          Battlefield V
                          Star Wars: Squadrons
                          Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown
                          Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
                          A Plague Tale: Innocence
                          Hitman 2
                          PGA Tour 2K21
                          Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
                          The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

There is income for Game Pass despite the claims it's hemorrhaging money (it's not an equivalent) - GWG and PS+ have a more limited pool of titles.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 03-12-2021, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Yeah I don't buy that there are too few games available to sustain the services. Microsoft don't seem to have any trouble providing a constant flow of new and interesting stuff for Game Pass.
                            Jesus again with gamepass, that's a different service your paying for (well supposed to be anyway), its separate from ps+ and xblg monthly games and has its own separate contracts ms negotiate etc, its separate, end of that.

Comment

I don't get why we're not allowed to compare them. If you described PS+ and Game Pass to anyone who wasn't a gamer, they'd sound like the exact same thing. And the price difference is what, £80 a year? Hardly significant. That's the price of one first party PS5 game. If one was a grand and the other was £50 then maybe it'd be more of an unfair comparison.

Dunno about contracts and stuff as I'm just thinking about it from a customer's perspective.

EDIT
                              [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] - yeah there have been some decent games on PS+ this year to be fair. It's just been fallow the last few months.
                              Last edited by wakka; 03-12-2021, 10:30.

Comment

You can compare them if you like, but it's a false equivalence, they're different things.

Comment

Working...
                                X