No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could buy a motorbike for a few thousand, it uses fuel, has wheels and gets me to work.
    Or I can spend more and get a car. It carries more people, has a radio and I don't get wet.
    They are both vehicles, but definitely not the same.

GP costs more, gives you access to hundreds of games, gives you EA access AND gets you online and gives you free games each month. It's not the same product as PS+

Comment

I see them as quite different propositions.

PS+ to me is like online plus added value.

GPU is a much more content-rich and contemporary service. Many users could sign up for it and never buy a game. Guess that's why one is £120 a year and one is £50.

Comment

Alright, I'm making a pledge to myself that this will be last post on the matter as I'm clearly in a minority of one in thinking that comparing PS Plus to GPU isn't some kind of demented idea, like comparing conkers to email or something.

But just to be clear guys - I'm aware that there are differences between the two services. Obviously they are not literally identical or there wouldn't be any point comparing them. But as for whether they're comparable, or that a comparison between them is interesting to discuss? Yeah, I reckon, definitely. The core of both is the same, basically free games every month and online play.

But as I say, minority of one on this, so I'll shut up about it

Comment

I don't have experience of the newer MS service. But PS Plus is needed to play online, which is a pain. From what I've seen of PS Now is it could be much better, it's like that one video shop you once went to, looking for Predator but they had 20 copies of Police Academy still. I know money is involved etc.

And the film streaming services aren't much better, with different regions and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Alright, I'm making a pledge to myself that this will be last post on the matter as I'm clearly in a minority of one in thinking that comparing PS Plus to GPU isn't some kind of demented idea, like comparing conkers to email or something.

But just to be clear guys - I'm aware that there are differences between the two services. Obviously they are not literally identical or there wouldn't be any point comparing them. But as for whether they're comparable, or that a comparison between them is interesting to discuss? Yeah, I reckon, definitely. The core of both is the same, basically free games every month and online play.

But as I say, minority of one on this, so I'll shut up about it
            I think what I would say is...

If you buy a ps5, you'll probably get ps+ too and that will be your 'Entry level' PlayStation.

If you buy a SeriesX, you'll probably get GPU, and that will be your 'Entry Level' Xbox.

In that regard, your Entry Level Xbox out shines your PlayStation offering. So in that way it's comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by monel View Post
              looking for Predator but they had 20 copies of Police Academy
              A little bit of police academy is ok the hijinks of police cadets hazing each other and playing pranks is kind of fun, you then get to police academy 6 city under Siege and realise that they made about 5 to many movies.....

......which is a bit like the last few pages of post on here same thing over and over again offering nothing new or interesting.

Comment

I live to please

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  A little bit of police academy is ok the hijinks of police cadets hazing each other and playing pranks is kind of fun, you then get to police academy 6 city under Siege and realise that they made about 5 to many movies.....

......which is a bit like the last few pages of post on here same thing over and over again offering nothing new or interesting.
                  But a video shop that has 20 copies of it in, say 1994 has maybe misjudged the market.

Comment

^^
                    And yet this manages to contribute even less relevance to that discussion
                    Last edited by MartyG; 03-12-2021, 13:34.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        Not accurate - PS4 games can be installed (may not be the case for every single one, but most are). PS3, PS2 games are streamed.
                        That's exactly what I mean, that some titles are streaming only (and conversely some can be installed). On Game Pass every title can be installed.

*I suppose with the exception that flight simulator on old gen is now streaming only but that's some voodoo magic right there...

Comment

See this is proof Sega are wasting their catalogue. The mighty have fallen. No longer cleared for takeoff.

Comment

I'll say this as well, since Game Pass arrived in full fat mode over the last 6 months the quality of offerings through GWG has definitely dropped off. The negative view would be they're trying to diminish its value a little to make the prospect of Game Pass look even more attractive, though as Cassius mentions is almost a given that you should be using game pass if you're using the Xbox ecosystem.

I personally wouldn't mind if GWG and Xbox Live disappeared in a consolidation of subscriptions... The xbox subscription landscape is a bit messy with old and new.

With PS5 I haven't yet dipped into PS+ because I've not had the need to play online (its just a single player 3rd person 1st party machine right!?), but much like Game Pass I can see that if the PS5 was your main platform of choice it's a no brainer to sign up to it ongoing as cheap as you can.

Comment

Speak of the devil. Sony are rumoured to be making a game pass competitor.

(this website is horrible, so I apologise and I hope you love pop ups and adverts)

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                I'll say this as well, since Game Pass arrived in full fat mode over the last 6 months the quality of offerings through GWG has definitely dropped off. The negative view would be they're trying to diminish its value a little to make the prospect of Game Pass look even more attractive, though as Cassius mentions is almost a given that you should be using game pass if you're using the Xbox ecosystem.

I personally wouldn't mind if GWG and Xbox Live disappeared in a consolidation of subscriptions... The xbox subscription landscape is a bit messy with old and new.

With PS5 I haven't yet dipped into PS+ because I've not had the need to play online (its just a single player 3rd person 1st party machine right!?), but much like Game Pass I can see that if the PS5 was your main platform of choice it's a no brainer to sign up to it ongoing as cheap as you can.
                                This is what's going to happen and the writing is on the wall for the xblg subs tiers the more pace gamepass gathers on the xbox ecosystem.

Also rumours have surfaced again of Sony working on a gamepass equivalent which will only be a matter of time i expect.

Comment

Working...
                                X