No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the PS3 Cell architecture is a pain. The way the separate cores can act as memory can be difficult for regular architecture to emulate.
    But Sony made the damn console. And ps3 emulators exist. If they wanted to do it I'm 100% sure they could.

Comment

Pretty sure the PS3 emulators that are out specifically target certain games in order to get them running well. Sony would need something that runs everything? It's a shame they can't / haven't figured something out though.

Comment

At this rate someone will get a decent PS3 emulator running on the Xbox developer mode before Sony gets it working on the PS5 ...

That sounds like crazy talk but seriously the emulation possible on there even now is getting better every month. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone managed to get it working.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
          At this rate someone will get a decent PS3 emulator running on the Xbox developer mode before Sony gets it working on the PS5 ...

That sounds like crazy talk but seriously the emulation possible on there even now is getting better every month. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone managed to get it working.
          The issue is once you get to PS3 emulation whats the point? most stuff is still available natively on xbox as the ps3s libary is mainly thrid party cross platform stuff and last time i checked nobody was chomping at the bit to play exclusives like killzone 2 or Resistance fall of man. Downloading rips and pissing about setting up software for a system so recent on an xbox for the above exclusives is such a niche thing i doubt it would harm Sonys offering.

The appeal with these services is having a catalogue right their of stuff at the click of a button, people just want the path of least resistance and it feels like what killed off a lot of piracy on Film TV and music was affordable and hassle free services like Spotify and Netflix.

Sony's offer of a curated list of first and third party games is very similar to gamepass from a value perspective
          the only thing its missing is day one stuff, but like i said In the other thread Microsoft's first party offering is very patchy and first party games often arrive unfinished and broken or just in a bad state.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 30-03-2022, 15:40.

Comment

There's only a few games i would play from PS3 again, MGS4 most likely, otherwise you can drag me kicking and screaming back to the 20fps hell that was ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              There's only a few games i would play from PS3 again, MGS4 most likely, otherwise you can drag me kicking and screaming back to the 20fps hell that was ps3.
              You mean you don't want to play the PS3 version of Skyrim or New Vegas?!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                You mean you don't want to play the PS3 version of Skyrim or New Vegas?!
                Sorry i blacked out for a second there.

Comment

Persona 5 is being removed from PS5's PlayStation Plus Collection in May • Eurogamer.net
                  Persona 5 is being removed from PS5 Collection in May. Those who already claimed will still have access though

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    Well, yeah, someone will. For free. We’re extremely forgiving of emulators that let us play roms. Heck, I remember going ga-ga over an old PS1 emulator that just loaded the boot up screen. Recently I’ve been trying to find out what consoles run at 60fps on Anbernic portables and just see pages and pages of apologists.

However, It’s an entirely different scenario when it’s a game you’ve bought or have joined PS+ to play.

If Sony put the effort into making a PS3 emulator, about five people will actually use it while the rest will just complain about it not running Dingu Dongu Drum at 60fps or lacking some feature it’s missing that PCSX3 has had for years etc etc.

Comment

New PS+ tiers are interesting but will wait to see what games are in these packages first. Yet again I predict it not being on the level of PSOne library for example on the PS Vita I have.

Comment

PlayStation Plus April 2022 Titles and no tiers please

Hood: Outlaws & Legends
                        SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated
                        Slay the Spire

[Yummy Source]

Comment

it's like they're not even trying at this point.

at least I get my $$ worth purely on the ps5 collection there re a heap that I held off buying. Not sure it will be worth upgrading when the new service comes out but we'll see, I'll probably get suckered into it

Comment

I want a cheaper tier that allows me to play online, I'm not interested in the garbage they offer as free games. It's massively inflating the cost for those of us who don't play the free stuff.

Comment

I went onto PS Now last night just to see what the current state of the content is and I have to say I was pretty blown away with what is on offer. In my possibly unpopular opinion (and I've kinda hit a stale state when it comes to playing on Game Pass - apart from Tunic!), there's way more stuff I'd play on Now. I'm seriously thinking of going with the new uber plan when it comes out in June.

Obviously, this is all down to what you are into but outside of seeing the first party stuff available, I see series such as the Atelier series, Blazblue series, some interesting Capcom picks such as Dark Void, Bionic Command Rearmed games, Final Fight Impact, Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Guilty Gear Xrd, a sh*t tonne of Sonic content, SKull Girls, House of the Dead games, KoF XIII... I know, Fighting game heavy I guess. But there's tonnes more.

Little gems such as The Last Guy and Tokyo Jungle too.

For some reason I thought it was meant to be a trash service in comparison.

Comment

It's been a slow building service but has been much bigger than Game Pass in terms of content for quite some time now. I think the reputation was an early one that has stuck mostly because Sony doesn't give its first party games day one for free and you can't get the insanely cheap access deals you can for Game Pass. Couple that with how Sony has almost ignored it from a PR POV till now and it's been this quiet background thing that's actually quite a meaty service.

Comment

Working...
                                X