No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You used to be able to stack subscriptions and for longer than three years, which is the maximum duration Microsoft will allow you to. With the launch of this new tiered service, Sony has disabled the ability to add to ongoing subscriptions because people were stacking years of PlayStation Plus (as many as ten, I've heard some boast) and then claiming a three-month PS Now code so that, when the new service launches, the entire duration of their PS Plus subscription will convert to the highest tier of the new service.

It's much like the stacking of Xbox Live Gold and then redeeming a single month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to convert the whole thing to the premium service, except for the fact Microsoft seems to tacitly encourage it.

Comment

Some psp and Ps1 games have popped up in Malaysia.

Classic games cost $5-7 to purchase outside of subscription, feature resolution upscaling, video filters such as CRT, rewinds and quick saves.

Comment

A video of the Ps1 classics running on the ps5 with a look at the added features

Comment

All the updates in the lead up to the new service has really made me miss the PS3 days when online play was free. At this point I actively don't want PS Plus games and just want the cheapest basic option that Sony keeps denying us

Comment

Thread on era about the ps1 games and at least half are running the pal version at 25fps.

Comment

And the new features made me almost say that Sony learnt from the mistakes of the PS Mini...are they using PAL versions for more language options because they don't want to merge those on US/JPN versions?

Comment

Seems only the malaysian store is accessible right now so its only based off the few games people can access. However you can safely say that getting their back catalogue together is going to be an absolute nightmare for them in any way so they won’t win whatever is put on the service.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 24-05-2022, 08:54.

Comment

Bonkers that at the launch of the PS4, Sony were like "NO BC FOR YOU!"
                  Now they're going all out on providing a way to reselling you your old games because the new ones are pretty sparse.

Comment

nO oNe CaRes aBoUt Bc

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Bonkers that at the launch of the PS4, Sony were like "NO BC FOR YOU!"
                      Now they're going all out on providing a way to reselling you your old games because the new ones are pretty sparse.
                      I don’t see how Sony could possibly release more new games since the PS5 launch, its been steady with exclusives and games all round.

Comment

I can see where QC is coming from. Vanishingly few of those games have been PS5 only. Only two, that I can think of, in over 18 months.

It's just how things are these days - it's more like the incremental upgrade of a new iPhone than the quantum leap from Megadrive to PS1. But I can see why you might own a PS4 and not be that bothered about PS5 yet.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, that's wrong - it is more than two. But it's still a relatively small number, and the vast majority of software released over the last 18 months is on last gen, too.
                        Last edited by wakka; 24-05-2022, 10:48.

Comment

From 2017:

"As Sony global sales chief Jim Ryan tells TIME, backwards compatibility is something the company has taken some steps to address with things like HD remasters of select PlayStation 2 titles, but it just isn’t something that gamers ultimately use that much, even if they claim it’s something they want. “When we’ve dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much,” said Ryan. “That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?

Instead, Ryan says the company is looking to invest heavily in things people do want to play, such as eSports. “It’s a subject that is occupying us quite a lot these days, and something we’re looking at very carefully,” said Ryan. “We’re trying to find precisely what the role of the platform holder is in that value chain. Seeing how we can actually make the whole eSports thing bigger, better, different and bespoke to PlayStation is something you’re going to be hearing quite a lot about in the next year or two.”"

It does make business sense, though.
                          Why let people play their old games when they can re-release big names as remasters or play the original versions on additional services like now.

Also, don't forget this classic before Microsoft finally introduced BC:

Comment

Even now I feel that statement is largely true. I think that's why PS5/PS4 games are mid-tier offerings and PS1/2/3 veer to the upper tiers. They're milking the niche that wants the older titles whilst bulking up on mid-tier subs where the mass interest lies. The interest levels on playing the likes of 2Xtreme and Pursuit Force will be low

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              I don’t see how Sony could possibly release more new games since the PS5 launch, its been steady with exclusives and games all round.
                              It's been out one and a half years!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only PS5 exclusives (not on PS4/Xbox) are:
                              Astro's Playroom (Free at launch)
                              Demon's Souls (launch)
                              Destruction AllStars
                              Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
                              Returnal
                              Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade
                              Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (launch)
                              Ghostwire: Tokyo
                              Gran Turismo 7

Don't misunderstand me, I want more games available!
                              I don't like how the current emphasis is giving you a new service that lets you play your old games for a fee, whilst trying to make out they're doing gamers a massive favour.

Comment

1.5 years and its current line up isn’t enough? How many hours a day gaming are people clocking up? Im not anywhere near through those games yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X