No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they're holding the exclusives back for the PS5 Slim? (I'm talking bollocks)

...oh, any news of the PS5 Slim, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      It's been out one and a half years!
      Astro's Playroom (Free at launch) fantastic short lived tech demo, hope for full new game someday.
      Demon's Souls (launch) - lipstick on a game not as good as DS1 or BB (BB should have been the remaster)
      Destruction AllStars - rubbish
      Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - boring but very good looking PS2 game, does nothing with the warping, might as well have been on PS4.
      Returnal - £70 at the time roguelites aren't my cup of tea, seeing the same tileset for first couple of areas over and over again for most of the your time with the game is not a value proposition for me, and throw in it being a bullet hell 3rd person game it was enough know it wasn't me, probably plays well from what i've read about it.
      Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade, on PS4, on PC
      Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (launch) - a PS4 game everyone played with new bells and whistles
      Ghostwire: Tokyo - on PC, no idea the quality
      Gran Turismo 7 - not for me unless someone would like to give me £1000 worth of Fanatec or thrustmaster wheel setups

it's a poor a list as xbox, this 1year + from both consoles has been piss poor to where i only use my PS5 due to my attachment to my years of progress on Apex Legends and Dead by Daylight, if i could transfer those out i wouldn't pay for PSN. XBox is on more at moment due to missing the entire Xbox one era, some decent gamepass indie games and having bought Elden Ring on it for having alot of bonus MS rewards to continue on more free months of GP, a price i like.

Back on Topic, a Series S even without dev mode can run emulators better (so can an original xbox) and with the entire collection of PS1 games, while £15+ a month gets you a handful of PAL games at 25fps .

Comment

To be honest my phone can run ps1/ps2 games flawlessly. So these days BC really only applies to ps3/360 era games (Of which, the Xbox mops up most of the 3rd party games of that era) and 'Previous gen' stuff. For me, £15 pm isn't worth it.

As for ps5 exclusives, yeah it's been pretty poor. For me personally it's been alright, because I somehow unintentionally avoided all the PS4 exclusives. So playing those at 60 or in a remaster has been nice. But if you'd already played them, yeah it's been a pretty poor start. But still, Sony has technically had more exclusives out then MS has in the same time frame. Good or bad.

Comment

Astro Playroom is NOT a tech demo. Its a full game. Just because its not 1000’hrs long does not mean its any less of an achievement in game design. So tired of this.

Comment

Big ooooofffff incoming for people who stacked PS+ at discounts before the upgrade, reports coming from the asian players you'll be charged a higher upgrade fee for the entire sub duration (no option to part convert a period if you can't afford it)... i can only imagine the PR disaster incoming for EU/NA players, they'll have to u-turn this.

Comment

Ooh, goody. This thread appears to be devolving into a "PS5 got no games" type affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                Big ooooofffff incoming for people who stacked PS+ at discounts before the upgrade, reports coming from the asian players you'll be charged a higher upgrade fee for the entire sub duration (no option to part convert a period if you can't afford it)... i can only imagine the PR disaster incoming for EU/NA players, they'll have to u-turn this.
                As with anything like this, its at your own risk, companies can close loopholes any time they wish, so stacking all that in advance thinking you'd get 10 years of the highest tier was a massive gamble. I also think your vastly overestimating the amount of people that would do this as well, outside of forums like this, era, etc, people don't know about this kind of stuff, even your casual xbox owner that already has gpu has no clue about the gpu tricks to stack it.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  Ooh, goody. This thread appears to be devolving into a "PS5 got no games" type affair.
                  Apologies, I started it, but it was more an observation how in comparison to the PS4/XBox One launch where BC was completely out of the question, to the PS5/Xbox Series SXpress where it's all about the old games.

Comment

To be honest, you have to go back to the PS3 and 360 gen for a time when the start of a new generation heralded a proper onslaught of new gen only games.

The first couple of years of Bone and PS4, everything was cross gen too.

Comment

I'm just feeling like a bit of a miserable git at the moment. Don't mind me...

Comment

The "new" PS1 and 2 games that are part of the PS+++ service are not the same files as the old PS1 Classics right? All of these files have gone through some modification to get them running in the new emulator with rewind, save states etc and then packaged up for the store. So for us to get boned with the PAL crap in 2022, I'd imagine they have to do individual work for each region for each game which would only serve to piss everyone off anyway, after the work is done. So there's hope I think. Only reason I can think of they might still give us PAL games, is the langauge support options. I can't remember, was it common for PAL games to feature more language options than on NTSC games?

Comment

Good point. NTSC would probably have English, French and Spanish?

Comment

There could be other reasons, too, such as censorship and licensing. Or it might be as simple as keeping things the same for nostalgia purposes.

Regardless, the games might not need that much fiddling to work with the new emulator. RetroArch can do rewinding and achievements but you don’t need to get new roms to use those features.

Comment

DF analysis of the PS+ Backwards compatibility/emulation.
                              Basically it's pretty damn poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                DF analysis of the PS+ Backwards compatibility/emulation.
                                Basically it's pretty damn poor.

https://youtu.be/vHc9lzVvgCw
                                That's a real shame, hopefully Sony take note and look to improve over time... I'm sure most won't be that bothered but for the purists it's disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X