Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
    So in theory you could pay/download a PS+ sub on 3rd August, download all the free PS+ stuff and LBP then following day 4th August all the new stuff gets uploaded and your technically only 1 day into your 1 year sub and not 1 month, hmmm.
    Whilst you may have the benefit of being only a day into your subscritption rather than a month, the content is still the same and the two still expire effectively at the same time (ie before new content is available).
    Of this months free content, I have the KZ pack, Wipeout HD, the LBP dynamic Theme and Fieldrunners. Shatter is reduced for Playstation Plus account holders but I have that already too. I'd possibly have been more inclined to purchase next month, if the second months content was available before the LBP offer expired. Ultimately it's a given that I'm going to subscribe, it's just a matter of waiting for the first month where I don't have half of the content.

Comment

The SCEE PlayStation Blog are looking for people to tell them what sort stuff they want included in PlayStation Plus. Just post your order of preference here.
      Originally posted by PlayStation Blog

What games would you like to see as part of PlayStation Plus in the future?

We?re really keen to make sure we try and get you the best content each month so that there is always something to keep you busy. Just let us know what games you would like to see from the following categories ?
      • PSN titles
      • PS One Classics
      • minis
      • PS3 titles for Full Game Trial

If you could keep your suggestions in a list and in that order it would be a big help. We will collect all your suggestions together, check out whether they are possible and then post a short list on here ASAP so you can vote on what you want out of the possibles. You can directly influence what games are included in Plus, so get commenting?

Comment

I think the first comment nailed it. For people who are relatively heavy users of PSN already - new releases should be the main priority.

Comment

Haha, love the way Sony are pretending that gamers can have a say in what PS+ gets

Comment

So, yet more new/sale content for the US Plus service in todays update...

Comment

Plus subscribers in the US are getting early access to the Hulu Plus service on PS3 apparently. I'm guessing UK Plus subscribers are getting the...

Comment

Your daaaamn right

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                  Plus subscribers in the US are getting early access to the Hulu Plus service on PS3 apparently. I'm guessing UK Plus subscribers are getting the...
                  There's quite a few posts about the differences on the blog.

Comment

US or UK? I know there were a lot of comments last week both on the UK blog and the official forums.

Comment

On the UK blog, not checked the US one. They do seem to keep saying that the complaints have been fed back to the Plus team but I can't imagine it's the sort of thing that would change quickly.

I know it's mainly stuff such as avatars & themes that the US are getting more than us but even a few insignificant things like that each make a difference.

That bloke on the blog (Mike?) seems to get a load of crap from people who seem to blame him but I'm convinced he's really any more than the bloke who posts the stuff on the blog and passes feedback from there.

There was talk of that First Play magazine being included like Qore in the US but it seems that the one we get is different as it's owned by Future Publishing rather than Sony. I did get a questionnaire asking whether I thought it should be included, whether a monthly one would be better, etc but I'm not really interested in that sort of thing myself.

Comment

Yeah, he's just a community manager. Unfortunately interfacing with those people so that other, more important (for want of a better word) people don't have to, is what he's there for.

I read the comment about First Play. It makes sense I guess, but then surely at some point Sony are going to have to subsidise the content and provide third party offerings?

I suspect they might start dishing out the content weekly at some point, even if it means splitting the monthly content up. Problem with that is - when do they take it down? Do they only leave it up for a week (Which would be a bitch if you were on holiday for example) or leave it all up for a month from posting or until that calendar month has expired?

Not sure how the new weekly content is happening on the US in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          Off topic but the arguement for blu-ray for games is simple.

Look at the piracy issues, PS3 has none. Guess blu-ray was worth it.
                          Well to be honest, the fact that the games are on Blu-Ray has nothing to do with it. Anyone with a Blu-Ray drive on their PC can copy a game, and 'downsizing' a game so that it fits on more common media has been commonplace since the Dreamcast days (fitting PS3 games on a 9GB DVDR-DL is hardly a stretch). It's the protection inside the hardware itself that remains uncracked.

Not that I think using Blu-Ray was a mistake - quite the opposite, I think it's advantages will become clearer as this generation proceeds. But it really has nothing to do with the choice of media - it's not as if they use some kind of funky protection. The PS3 could be using DVDs and the protection in the hardware itself would still be uncracked.

Comment

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Pointless I know, because we'll never see it over here, but that is REALLY slick. *jealous*

Comment

What? Europe getting the shaft from Sony? How surprising.

Its just bullcrap that all regions differ so much in terms of content. I believe Microsoft does a better job at this.

Comment

Huli is coming out on 360 too and it's not Sony that are region locking it, it's the TV network who owns the website. It's ip locked for non us people on the pc too, they don't want you watching lost or whatever on their site because Sky wouldn't get the viewing figures and subsequently wouldn't pay asich to buy a series.

BBC iplayer is locked to non uk people too

Comment

Working...
                                X