No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Boris said, it's normal and nothing to get an internet-rage-on over!

Comment

I know Hulu is a platform independent of the PS3 and that we'll never get it. Doesn't stop me wishing it did, or stating how lovely that interface is.

Comment

I know we don't get Hulu or Netflix over here but both companies have said they are working to supply customers outside of the US so we may get it at some point.

As well as iPlayer being region locked, other regions get their own TV services which although I can get the apps on my PS3 I understandably can't do anything with them due to the region locking.

It's an absolute bloody nightmare publishing online films from region to region at the moment due to the archaic licensing laws across the globe which largely ignore digital distribution and also the studios still largely work on distribution happening in one region at a time so they can ship the stars around the globe to do interviews and stuff.

It will change though but it's not going to be easy and it will take time.

It would be nice to have more options over here but I console myself with the fact that the UK is getting MUBI which for me at least, is close to bloody perfect and I wouldn't swap it for all the others!

Comment

Good to see some common sense posts - this goes beyond "Bloody Sony Euro!" Copyright and broadcast rights on these things can be a nightmare. It is a shame though, does look very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by PlayStation Blog (SCEE)
            If any of you PlayStation Plus subscribers haven?t turned on your Automatic Downloads yet there?s never been a better time. From the Monday, 19th July the brand new, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days demo will be made available as a PlayStation Plus Push Demo. So not only will you get the chance to be among the first gamers to try out this new slice of Kane and Lynch mayhem, but you don?t even have to lift a finger to do it. What an age we live in?

And if you?re not yet a Plus subscriber, don?t despair. The demo will be made available to all our PlayStation Network users in next week?s Store publish on Wednesday, 21st July.
            I quite enjoyed the 360 demo but I'm not really sure I want to play another one.

There saying that this is "the first of many" demos that will be out before other people can access it, doesn't seem particularly impressive when there's already a demo available elsewhere though.

Comment

In the comments they mention that the servers for the 'other' version have been taken offline (So Plus users will be the only people that can play it online come Monday), but yeah it's not exactly great. They need to work harder, but I appreciate they're still finding their feet at the moment.

I shall give them a year and decide then if it's been worth it.

Comment

So we are into the 2nd month of this service, when is the next update coming?

Comment

Next week. They'll always be the first update of the calendar month I believe.

Comment

They already said what the content was going to be.
                    29 June 2010 to 3 August 2010 was first batch.

4 August 2010 to 1 September 2010

Games
                    Zen Pinball
                    Blast Off (minis)
                    Alien Zombie Death (minis)
                    MediEvil (PS one Classic)

Full Game Trials
                    Inferno Pool
                    Mushroom Wars

Special Offers
                    Zen Pinball Earth Defence Table - 20%
                    Warhawk Triple Combo Pack - 50%
                    Super Stardust HD - 20%
                    WipEout HD Fury - 20%

Premium Game Downloads
                    MotorStorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack

Automatic Download Demos
                    Flower
                    PixelJunk Shooter

Dynamic Themes and Premium Avatars
                    PlayStation Plus Dynamic Theme
                    Heavy Rain Crime Scene Theme
                    Heavy Rain Avatars (Bird and Butterfly)

This content list is for information purposes only and is subject to change

Comment

Hi Guys, just a quick note to let you know what Plus members can expect to see this month and also what's coming up next month. Here's what will be available to Plus members from Aug 4th - Aug 31st PSN: Zen Pinball minis: Blast-Off Alien Zombie Death PSOne Classic: Medievil Full Game Trial: Infamous [...]

September + content! Result!

Games:
                      ► Sam and Max: Devil?s Playground (entire season)
                      ► (minis) Vector Tower Defense
                      ► (minis) Echoes
                      ► (PSOne) Oddworld: Abe?s Oddysee

DLC:
                      ► Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC

Themes & Avatars:
                      ► Exclusive PlayStation Move theme
                      ► Exclusive ?Fish Tank? theme
                      ► Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar
                      ► Eye Pet DJ Avatar

Trials:
                      ► Warhawk (with exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
                      ► Inferno Pool

Discounts:
                      ► LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack ? 50%
                      ► Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) ? 50%
                      ► Warhawk ? 20%
                      ► Pixel Junk Shooter ? 20%
                      Redeemed!

Comment

That doesn't seem too bad, not played Sam & Max but did quite like the look of the games. I believe there was 5 episodes in the season? Abe?s Oddysee is a really good game, I've bought one of them and I can't remember which one. Bet it's this one.

Can't imagine it'll be much but it's good that they've recognised that having a few unlisted extras is a good thing. I imagine it'll probably be stuff such as avatars, themes and maybe other cheap stuff like Minis which is OK with me.
                        Originally posted by PlayStation Blog
                        We?ve listened to your feedback on here so, rest assured, this is not all that will be available each month; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats coming to Plus in August and September.

Comment

That's a definate improvement of a month. for anyone who hasn't bought Sam & Max you'd make up most of the PS+ cost through that. I'm hoping they keep dialling up the content as I haven't bought anything in ages because of this service now. They're actually making less money off me now

Comment

Yeah, I have to say I'm a little nervous about buying stuff from PSN now as well. Bought DeathSpank recently, before that the last thing I bought from PSN was Final Fight back in April.

Comment

Hi Guys, just a quick note to let you know what Plus members can expect to see this month and also what's coming up next month. Here's what will be available to Plus members from Aug 4th - Aug 31st PSN: Zen Pinball minis: Blast-Off Alien Zombie Death PSOne Classic: Medievil Full Game Trial: Infamous [...]

Details for the 3rd month are up

PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)
                              minis: Vector Tower Defense, Echoes
                              PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
                              Full Game Trial: Warhawk (with exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase), Inferno Pool
                              Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50%
                              Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50%
                              Warhawk – 20%
                              Pixel Junk Shooter – 20%
                              DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
                              Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme, Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme
                              Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar, Eye Pet DJ Avatar

edit: bah already posted
                              Last edited by Adam; 04-08-2010, 12:13.

Comment

Also worth saying:

We’ve listened to your feedback on here so, rest assured, this is not all that will be available each month; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats coming to Plus in August and September.
                                As someone who only recently came back to PSN, I am rather pleased I went for PSN+

Comment

Working...
                                X