Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was a bit peeved they are already throwing JSR on PS+

Its still fairly new and i only just bought it...great for all the people who are still deliberating mind.

Comment

PS+ is without doubt the most brilliant value for money, i just dont see how it has any downsides. I have just signed up and have already got my money back with Uncharted and Gravity Rush for Vita alone, plus there are truck loads of games that i have yet to play for PS3. I never got round to playing Bulletstorm or Infamous 2 so will be downloading them this week.

This is seriously good value, when you compare it with the ?40 or so a year for Xbox Live, its just no contest. Quite frankly Xbox Live gives **** all for ?40.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
        PS+ is without doubt the most brilliant value for money, i just dont see how it has any downsides. I have just signed up and have already got my money back with Uncharted and Gravity Rush for Vita alone, plus there are truck loads of games that i have yet to play for PS3. I never got round to playing Bulletstorm or Infamous 2 so will be downloading them this week.

This is seriously good value, when you compare it with the ?40 or so a year for Xbox Live, its just no contest. Quite frankly Xbox Live gives **** all for ?40.
        No, it gives you the joys of being called a faggot or n***a by some spotty American teen.

You'll enjoy Bulletstorm, it's a massively underrated title.

Comment

There's currently a 25% discount on Plus so it's only ?29:99/?37.49 for a 12 month subscription: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...PLUSSUBS365DAY

The discount runs until the 9th January.

The full ?39.99 is a stupidly good price but I'm yet to pay anything close to full price for mine with all the sales they offer.

It's seems ridiculous to be saying this but moving into the next generation of consoles I'd have to say that PlayStation Plus is quite possible the best thing that's happened to gaming this generation. It's a win for everybody, Sony get subscription money for it, publishers receive money for games that have often got to the stage where people would only buy used copies and even if they're newer games they'll usually benefit from the additional shelf space and advertising in the store and I bet it sells DLC too.

It's a hell of a lot less painful to pay ?5 for some DLC for a game you've not paid for than it is to pay for it on top of buying the game.

The only issue I have with it is the one that everybody else seems to have and it's just that I can't bloody keep up with all the stuff they keep giving which is hardly a complaint at all. Sometimes I've already got the games they're giving away but just looking at the blu-ray games I've sold on, although maybe I'll only get ?5 to ?10 for them but by selling them I've been able to fund another couple of years of the discounted subscription so I don't even feel like I'm not paying anything at all now.

I wonder if Microsoft will start a similar service next gen? Wouldn't be too surprised too see Sony offering different levels of subscription next time including things like films, music and what ever they do with the Gaikai streaming service.

I know you only get the full games while you're paying for the service but I just can't see myself cancelling it at any point with how it works at the moment.

Comment

Mortal Kombat Vita for is available now via PS store for Plus users.

It's not showing up in the Now On PS Vita section but can be found in Vita games, M-Z or on the online store.

Comment

Also lego batman (PSP version)

Comment

The Lego game is showing as ?15:99 for me. Is it supposed to be free?

Both the PS3 and Vita editions of Knytt underground are now free: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...NYTTUNDE000001

Not read any reviews but it looks OK.

This is a part of the Christmas Sale but Hitman: Absolution also gets a Plus discount so it's only ?16:99 and you get this DLC included:
                -HITMAN: SNIPER CHALLENGE.
                - Deus Ex Disguise DLC for use in Contracts Mode.
                - Deux Ex 'Zenith' Handgun DLC for use in Contracts Mode.
                - Access to CONTRACTS mode.

Comment

Just got Hitman, first time I've got a 'new' game since I got Halo Reach (though I didn't play that until a coupla months back). Gonna grab that Knytt Underground, too, like cool platform freebies.

Anyone know how to find out how much time you've got left on your Plus sub? I'm figuring after getting that discount annual sub that in theory I should have the best part of two years but can't seem to find the exact figure...

Comment

Transaction management - services list - playstation plus

Comment

^Cheers mate, will check when I've installed Hitman, 'tis a whopper.

Comment

February Content

Sleeping Dogs & F1 Race Stars

Nice!!

Comment

And wipeout and Lumines for vita

Comment

Probably the best month ever for PS+ yes. Bring it on.

Surely with things coming out so quickly though people will be hesitant is buying games at launch.

Comment

Is the Vita version of Mortal Kombat meant to be free currently? It was coming up in the PS+ section the other day when I looked, but at ?29.99...

Anyway yes, PS+ continues to deliver. Sleeping Dogs, Lumines and Wipeout 2048 is a very impressive line-up of freebies.

Comment

Is worth noting too that 3 month PS+ memberships will be ?7.99 on PSN from 25th Feb (I think) for a couple of weeks, these are stackable, so decent value if there are no offers on 12 months subs etc.

Don't know about MK, have seen others moaning about the same on the Playstation blog though.

Comment

Working...
                                X