No announcement yet.

Playstation Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started the uncharted3 download last week, 33 gig!!! fecking thing is still downloading on my super quick 2mb ultramega broadband. Time to upgrade to fiber me thinks.

Comment

Looks like that leaked Russian psn image may be the real deal.
      So expect August to be DMC and Spec Ops The Line?

Comment

Just buy the game of the year edition for less than ?15

Saves downloading it over a week or so - I just stuck it in my downloads and cancelled it

The next batch of downloads are all 2meg friendly - 12gig downloads in about a day and that's battlefield 3

Looked at giant sisters today and dungeons and dragons

Both expensive if you ask me so downloading the trial - ?12 for dungeons is a rip off

Comment

My PS3 has a harddrive the size of a gnat's bladder. I cleared some stuff off so I could download Demon's Souls, but each month I'm going to the PS+ store and attempting to download the games.

It comes up with a full drive error message, but the game is then listed as "purchased".

If I try to play something from previous months that's no longer on offer, if I made space, I could still download them because I "purchased" them when they were part of the list of free games, is that correct?

Cheers ears.

P.S. Demon's Souls is ace!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            P.S. Demon's Souls is ace!
            Well duh! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp
              If I try to play something from previous months that's no longer on offer, if I made space, I could still download them because I "purchased" them when they were part of the list of free games, is that correct?

Yup that's right

Comment

Yeah, I go through each update and "Purchase" everything available, never know when you wanna go back on something. Sony need to sort out the downloaded list section because finding stuff is a pain or maybe keep everything from Plus in the Plus section if you've "Purchased" it.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Comment

I'll stick this here and in the PS4 thread as it covers both.

Comment

got a ps+ sub and decide to download uncharted 3 while i play something else.

"you cannot perform background download of this content"

38.5 gigs lol

Comment

I might be wrong but I don't think anything downloads when you play something else

My speeds are pretty mince but I can see something at around 10% play something for about an hour or two and its still at 10% when I check it again

Comment

It's hit and miss, some games permit download in the background but there's no way of knowing without trying.

Comment

Leave the ps3 on overnight to do the download

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                              It's hit and miss, some games permit download in the background but there's no way of knowing without trying.
                              Uncharted downloaded in 4 chunks with an install at the end of each chunk. I assume that this method is done to minimise the hd space required but stops background downloading. Everything else I grabbed this morning was in 1 chunk and could be done in the background.

Uncharted finished overnight so can start that tonight

Comment

I guess you just clicked the download button on the games store page? That creates a queue to download all 4 parts one after the other. Usually games like that usually have 2 parts, the trial and the trial unlock. They normally start by downloading the unlock, this is done in a few seconds and installed then the actual game can be put on background download. For uncharted 3 however the chucks are too big otherwise the final part could be put on background download. If you were to cancel that then go to the view downloads list you'd see the 4 chucks separately Single player, Multiplayer, 2D Videos and 3D videos. You just pick the parts you want one at a time, select the first, put it on background download and repeat till you have all the parts you want.

Dunno if that made sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X