MotorStorm Apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Does it still have rubber banding? I had to give up MS2 due to it.
    Me too Got pretty far in the main single player, but **** it was a cheating little bastard by that stage

I actually jumped back to MS2 after giving the demo a go. Both are stunning looking games, but I gotta say I prefer the look [artistically] of MS2 more; the vistas, the mountains, the sea. Wonderful. But I did enjoy my time on the MSA demo. In cockpit mode was quite a rush, flying blind through dust after a building has crumbled.

Comment

Didn't like this at all but never really bonded with the previous versions, always found the handling suspect and not to my tastes.

much as i hate framerate chatter i have to comment that this felt really stuttery and seems to be running under 30fps to my eyes.

Comment

Just played the demo 4 times - twice with each vehicle and I'm not sure I'll be buying it now. It looks cool with all the carnage and buildings crumbling and stuff but the handling just feels really flimsy. When I was on the bike I was practically bouncing arpund all over the place with the merest flick of the analogue stick.

The supercar too felt really lightweight and I've had some weird collision moments where hitting a wall head on just spun me around but hitting a bike (while driving the car) caused me to wreck.

Hmm...

Comment

Had 2 goes and it gives a strong vibe that it's pure Motorstorm faults and all. In the demo the bikes are useless sometimes as sections get narrow and crowded leading to instant takeouts. Clipping small scenery is still too easy and random too with the restarts sometimes a little disoriantating due to camera wobble and slow car appearance. The res and look seems great with highly effective 3D when switched on though. However, the presence of such obvious faults (especially 3-4 games into the series) makes me assume heavier things like rubber banding still remains an issue and pushes me away from a Day 1 purchase if not feel like maybe it's time I gave up on the series ever reaching its potential

Complainers aside, the demo suggests that Split/Second did the concept better
          Last edited by Neon Ignition; 10-03-2011, 22:16.

Comment

Officially out in Europe on March 31st.

Not really sure why next Thursday is more appropriate than last Friday. Given the delay of the already later releases elsewhere it seems a bit random. On the flip side that puts it very close to Shift 2 which I think I'd rather have in the short term. Feel sorry for th devs, it's been a propely mucked up launch.

Comment

I've seen it at HMV today for £44

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                Officially out in Europe on March 31st.

Not really sure why next Thursday is more appropriate than last Friday. Given the delay of the already later releases elsewhere it seems a bit random. On the flip side that puts it very close to Shift 2 which I think I'd rather have in the short term. Feel sorry for th devs, it's been a propely mucked up launch.
                Pretty much this.

And I can see Sony blaming Evolution when sales aren't meeting demands.

What good and respect did the delay cause? The game was available in shops here and there anyway. And now its officially here by next week, still not far from the Tsunami.

Comment

Working...
                X