UK sales charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK sales charts

don't think we've ever had a thread to discuss this specifically, often touch on sales in game specific threads though

Red Dead Redemption held onto its top spot in the UK All-Formats chart this week while 2010 FIFA World Cup moved back u…

the 3 way racer face off is interesting, Blur has moved up to 10 this week, one above Modnation & 3 above Split Second.

few of us thought word of mouth for Blur would be good, not many games pick up after launch week especially in light of an ongoing GAME/Gamestation publisher face-off.

good to see Modnation doing well and hanging in, quite impressive as a PS3/psp exclusive.

also surprised to see UFC hold on so well in its 2nd week, didn't think it was that popular here as our thread discussing the actual events has died a bit of a death.
    Last edited by merf; 07-06-2010, 10:52.

Just Dance is so high up, what the hell..

Comment

Just dance has been dominating the UK charts for ages. It's incredibly freaky.

Comment

I've always found the individual formats chart more interesting (the one where the same game on a different console gets its own entry).

This weeks isn't that interesting though.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
          Just dance has been dominating the UK charts for ages. It's incredibly freaky.
          yet is has no guns, no balding muscle bound space marines, no extensive online mode, no licensed cars, no graphic violence, no facebook social network modes

all the things publishers believe punters want.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
            yet is has no guns, no balding muscle bound space marines, no extensive online mode, no licensed cars, no graphic violence, no facebook social network modes

all the things publishers believe punters want.
            Well if you go by that logic then people must actualy want crap, dull and uninspired games, becuase thats what Just Dance is.

Comment

My daughter and her friends love Just Dance, OK it doesn't appeal to emo teenage boys but then again I don't think it is supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                My daughter and her friends love Just Dance, OK it doesn't appeal to emo teenage boys but then again I don't think it is supposed to.
                I have tried it (admitedly not for long before I got embaressed), but to me its a broken game that dosent even do what its suppose too, the motion controls are poorly implemented, it dosent have half the ammount of songs that most music games these days have and overall just very little value. Its a bit of a stinker really.

Comment

My girls adore Just Dance. It's being picked up by those Wii owners that have nothing other than Wii Sports and Wii Play.

Comment

Yeah, my 9 year old sister just bought it the other day.

Comment

and isn't that one of the first rules of chart, as opposed to critical success, something doesn't always have to be what is regarded as 'good', just good enough and well targetted to an audience who want it.

the reason Just Dance will shift more copies than Blur/Split Second etc is its better targetted at a larger audience and will have a longer shelf as the next 'me to' title won't come along and replace it in 3wks.

Comment

Cheap and cheerful, strongly targeted demographic, pretty much the exact definition of something that sells well in other entertainment mediums.

Comment

Just goes to show that girls play more games than guys now

Why is it that only girls buy dance games? Isnt it a universal hobby?

Comment

In my experience girls are just more comfortable about dancing. When I think back to the end of year school parties there were always more girls dancing than boys, and the same is true in most night clubs - there are invariably more women on the dance floor.

The only exception is the underground raves and illegal gatherings I often frequented as a youth where men and women danced in equal numbers. Now whether that's because those kinda parties naturally attract free spirited men who are comfortable in themselves to dance or it's simply because they're all drugged up to the eyeballs and consequently free of inhibitions, I don't know. Probably a combination of the two.

Comment

I don't know too many lads who are even into DDR. They do exist, but outside of the actual DDR 'crews' almost everyone you see playing that in an arcade is female.

Comment

Working...
                              X