No announcement yet.

Arcades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Crisis 5 was good from what little I played of it (20 minutes or so), it's more like say TC2 or TC3 compared to the last one. Enjoyed it but still get the feeling that the inspiration the developers had in past decades has kind of disappeared. Or I'm jaded. Even Vampire Night and other games had more of a spark to them. I would play Time Crisis 5 like mad, though. BUT the Star Wars game hit the spot, too. I saw complaints about being it on-the-rails but it was reminding me of the much older game and it was pretty, pretty good. I'd spend a few hundred on it if I was a teenager again. Two pounds a credit though, for 3 minutes!??

Comment

The Star Wars Battle Pod is definitely on rails and it is expensive, but it's a memorable experience and isn't that the point of an arcade game? An experience you can't get at home?

Well, you can get it at home if you have a spare ?65K!

It comes with a leather seat and carpet!

Did you go to Star City, Shinobi?
      Did you see that Pac-Man Swirl machine that drops balls down ramps? I was mesmerised!

Here, watch this video of big bouncing orbs of joy...

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        The Star Wars Battle Pod is definitely on rails and it is expensive, but it's a memorable experience and isn't that the point of an arcade game? An experience you can't get at home? Well, you can get it at home if you have a spare ?65K! http://www.denofgeek.com/games/star-...-for-your-home It comes with a leather seat and carpet! Did you go to Star City, Shinobi? Did you see that Pac-Man Swirl machine that drops balls down ramps? I was mesmerised! Here, watch this video of big bouncing orbs of joy...
        I saw that you can get a twenty grand version, too. We should chip in for one, I mean rents or mortgages aren't important, yeah? As shamefully lazy as I've become the carpetting in the game would be cleaner than my room if I owned it. I agree with everything you said about Star Wars. The arcades were a bit too busy, some odd parents shouting at their kids 'GO RIGHT, you idiot! This costs money." Damn I felt sorry for some of them. I wondered if I passed you anywhere, lol, wonder what game you would've been on. Had to take time out to get there. PS- about the arcade experience, a generation grew up without them and I saw a comment online saying 'Wish this was an apple app, arcades suck'.
        Last edited by monel; 14-06-2015, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Indeed. Noticed just how many girls are in there! Not slappers either.
          Oh, I bet there's more than a few!

Comment

Well, yeah there will be a few but the majority are nice women.

Comment

Went to an arcade over the Bank Holiday. A few new games, but they all seem to be on-rails shooters, which doesn't particularly interest me, so I didn't actually play anything!

Transformers: Human Alliance
              Two-player on-rails shooter. Completely random characters team up with the Autobots to shoot a lot of Decepticons.
              It's all from the movie universe, and I'm more excited by the Platinum game coming out.

[hide][/hide]

Kung Fu Panda: Dojo Mojo
              Ticket-vending machine that rewards you for hitting the pads in the right sequence. Looks fun, but I prefer the Fist of the North Star punching game.

[hide][/hide]

Grand Piano Keys
              Two big keyboards where you have to press the right key sequence to win tickets. It kept playing chopsticks, which was quite enticing!

[hide][/hide]

Dream Raiders
              On-rails shooter with a motorised cab. You play various fantastic scenarios like being a superhero.

[hide][/hide]

Monster Eye
              This looked promising, with a massive city-crushing behemoth stomping out of the mist, but I think you've got to shoot through a lot of oversized spiders and bats to get anywhere near it.

[hide][/hide]

Comment

Yep, arcades seem to be dominated by on-rails shooters. Last time I was at one, I was amazed at the amount of games I had never heard of. Didn't realise they were still making that many dedicated arcade games. I have completely lost touch with them and they seem to be rarely discussed here.

Comment

They just don't appeal to my old brain those machines, you'll have to excuse me while I drift off in to 'it was all different when I was young' land.....

Comment

Same here. Give me a 2 player cab with 4/6 buttons each.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      when I was young' land.....
                      Pac-Land?

I know what you mean. Do they still make arcades with joysticks?

Comment

The Arcade Thread (56k warning PIC HEAVY)

I took the boy bowling today, and not only did they have a nice new Hollywood Bowl sign up, they had a load of new arcade games in.

Finally, after about three months they’ve fixed the comms error on Mario Kart. Had a few games of two player.

So a lot of the games were ticket machines, but the giant Space Invaders, Galaga and CrossyFrogger were fun. My son ended up with a dinosaur egg thing and I got a Spider-Man mug.

Couldn’t find the original arcade thread, I assume it was lost?

Comment

56k warning?! I haven't seen one of those for a while

Comment

That place looks dreadful. lol

Comment

I've seen Cruis'n Blast but have yet to bring myself to actually try it. Pleased me no end back when Mario Kart Arcade GP DX popped in our local arcade last year, feels like a miracle to have had the chance to play all three entries.

Comment

That big Space Invaders is appearing everywhere, certainly worth a go.

Comment

Working...
                                X