No announcement yet.

The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the new dash was installed it would of cleared the cache, so each game that had any kind of updates will require the update again

Comment

No, it's not that.
      I've been jumping between SF4, Skyrim and Sonic Generations over the past few days and every time I switch games I have to download a title update again.

Comment

Do you have your gamertag on a memory stick at all? It's worth clearing your cache properly and then trying the updates.
        Also check your HD for any corrupt files and delete them, they are normally marked in yellow triangle with exclamation mark.

Comment

*Gripe #23
          There is a transparent grey layer that sits between the background and the panels. It make the BG look dull and insipid. The Banjo logo used to pop pop when I turned my 360 on, Now it just pathetic and limp.

F
          U

M
          S
          !

Comment

Well, I really like the new dash!

When it first loads, the first option it highlights is to play the game in the tray. From the way it's been described in here, I thought I'd be navigating around through BUY THESE SHINY SHINIES screens before being able to play anything.

It's obviously geared for Kinect users, but the additional features means I'm actually considering getting a second 360 with Kinect for the lounge so I can watch movies streamed from LoveFilm (less blocky than PS3 version - I compared like for like), catch up with the iPlayer, do some exercises with the Kinect and shout at it to play some YouTube videos.

Job done as far as I'm concerned!

Comment

Youtube app is ****e, tried to link it to my pc youtube account, oh you cant just log in like you can on wii & ps3 you have to input some bollocks security code on your pc. However it expects that everyone has a router & can have both internet & live running at the same time. Well i don't so soon as i unplug from 360 & go back to pc the youtube reg app cancels so theres no way for me to link it to my pc one to get all my favourites.

Gave up on that ****e & deleted it, well done microsoft you cant even get youtube right.

Comment

Hate how you have to wait for something to cycle round in the big spaces before you can click on it. I wanted to watch the Lollipop Chainsaw video but instead of just selecting it, I had to wait for it to cycle round. If this is the Windows 8 interface will I have to wait for my files to cycle by some ads before I can access them?

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                  Hate how you have to wait for something to cycle round in the big spaces before you can click on it. I wanted to watch the Lollipop Chainsaw video but instead of just selecting it, I had to wait for it to cycle round. If this is the Windows 8 interface will I have to wait for my files to cycle by some ads before I can access them?
                  You can highlight the ad panel with LS and then scroll left and right through the ads with RS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                    *Gripe #23
                    There is a transparent grey layer that sits between the background and the panels. It make the BG look dull and insipid. The Banjo logo used to pop pop when I turned my 360 on, Now it just pathetic and limp.

F
                    U

M
                    S
                    !
                    You might be pleased to know there is the LIGHT UI launching in January, more white, less grey.

Still might not pop, but it certainly looks better.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Youtube app is ****e, tried to link it to my pc youtube account, oh you cant just log in like you can on wii & ps3 you have to input some bollocks security code on your pc. However it expects that everyone has a router & can have both internet & live running at the same time. Well i don't so soon as i unplug from 360 & go back to pc the youtube reg app cancels so theres no way for me to link it to my pc one to get all my favourites.

Gave up on that ****e & deleted it, well done microsoft you cant even get youtube right.
                      Call up your broadband provider and get a free router sorted, most providers will give you a basic one free of charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        Call up your broadband provider and get a free router sorted, most providers will give you a basic one free of charge.
                        importaku lives inside a time bubble from 2004, which is why he loves DS so much and why he has no router.

He claims it will keep him forever young

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          You might be pleased to know there is the LIGHT UI launching in January, more white, less grey.

Still might not pop, but it certainly looks better.
                          Yep, *pre-emptive Gripe #79* but it'll have a transparent white layer that washes out the BG image. It'll look just as pathetic and limp.

Then they'll be a sepia one that looks too yellowy, a cool one that will be too bluey and a warm one that will be too redy.

FamilyFry

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            importaku lives inside a time bubble from 2004, which is why he loves DS so much and why he has no router.

He claims it will keep him forever young
                            You promised you wouldn't tell

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarbles View Post
                              You can highlight the ad panel with LS and then scroll left and right through the ads with RS.
                              Boom! Thanks very much

Comment

I'm loving the new dash. It's like being in control of the Enterprise. I'm barking orders at my TV like Captain Kirk. Proper next gen stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X