No announcement yet.

The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 360 has crashed 4 times in the past hour playing Fable II...no problems at all prior to yesterday, is it likely due to the new dashboard??

EDIT: Its now RROD.... not happy. I bought it from Zavvi, and they won't swap the machine without the hard drive, so I have to deal with MS.
    Last edited by gaz@manc; 20-11-2008, 17:57.

Comment

That's because it's populating your friends list with data from Live. I suppose it depends on how busy the servers are.

Comment

Was constantly freezing up on me last night and then RRoD'd (again, had the X-clamp done to the console a few months back). Using my other fixed 360 now and really hoping it doesn't die too!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
          That's because it's populating your friends list with data from Live. I suppose it depends on how busy the servers are.
          It freezes when I exit it and exiting the Mini Guide in general.

Comment

does anywhere have a list of which games get the most out of hard drive installs etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
              does anywhere have a list of which games get the most out of hard drive installs etc?
              Apart from the obvious less noise advantage.

Command and Conquer 3 is the only one ive noticed gain a performance boost, very smooth on the hard drive and no slow down at all.
              Halo 3 loads slower, although makes no difference once your playing (does online though acording to bungie).
              Fable 2 made no difference.
              Haven't tried mass effect yet.

Comment

It's a change of scenery, I like it, but it's not different really is it? Everything's still arranged under thousands of menu levels. Got a bit excited when I saw QuickLaunch on the miniguide, thought for a second I might be able to assign a few fave games to a menu or something but no

Impressed with the avatars though, I was dreading them cos I don't like Mii's at all -they're bland, look too alike and give me the creeps - but I created an avatar yesterday that looks exactly like me. It's sad but I'm actually looking forward to more clothes for them, some more piercings would be good, and tattoos! And I'll update mine when I cut my hair, shave, lose weight, etc, heh.

Comment

i was wondering how people get robots or pre launch xbox1s behind them on my my friends list, but looking at a screen shot on aint it cool news if you change your theme to city streets they all change to shops and stuff,

I think its a big improvement. especially like removing all those trial arcade games form my gamerscore, just wish I could do the games I borrowed over a weekend and only got the early doors achievement on.

Comment

The background objects are just random on your dash, it isn't something you choose. It's just random depending on the theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
                      Ninja Gaiden 2 loading takes half the time and weapon switching is instant also slows down less and much more fluid. Man I still love the broken master piece..

I remember seeing a list at the GAF.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        I won't personally pay one penny to kit out my avatar in new stuff.

thats for sure

Comment

Everything is great except I now keep disconnecting from Xbox Live when playing games (single player, not tried playing online yet). Not sure if there's some kind of idle timeout setting kicking in.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyk100 View Post
                            i was wondering how people get robots or pre launch xbox1s behind them on my my friends list, but looking at a screen shot on aint it cool news if you change your theme to city streets they all change to shops and stuff,
                            The city streets one is the "Night" theme that you will have got "free" with the NXE.

I bought the Forza 2 Premium theme last night and it just consists of a few generic race cars and a pile of spanners behind your friends. Was hoping for a few licensed cars, but alas not

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
                              Ninja Gaiden 2 loading takes half the time and weapon switching is instant also slows down less and much more fluid. Man I still love the broken master piece..

I remember seeing a list at the GAF.

Comment

words can't describe how much I loathe this new interface, its utter toss.

I want the old one back.

Comment

Working...
                                X