No announcement yet.

The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure that the avatars have much to offer the XBox demographic anyway, even without the camp poses (though I like camp), and are likely to be an attempt to pull in other demographics rather than rewarding the current owners.

Comment

Exactly. So spread the Avatar Love with some classic outfits to make their proper userbase appreciate them.

Call me slow, but I'm just looking at the XBLive website and it dawns on me - the "grey" area your avatar is standing on in the Dash which is obscuring most of your old themes is the WORLD! You're standing on the world!

Suddenly it makes a bit more sense. Though it worries me that MS choose to make the world grey.

Comment

OR you can use this picture http://xs233.xs.to/xs233/08466/01659...20x1080320.jpg
        As it's grey it makes it look like you are standing on the moon, with the earth behind you.
        Its cool

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
          Call me slow, but I'm just looking at the XBLive website and it dawns on me - the "grey" area your avatar is standing on in the Dash which is obscuring most of your old themes is the WORLD! You're standing on the world!
          It's not the world, it's the 360 logo.

I'm sure in the initial unveiling it zoomed from the startup logo to the NXE, maybe I imagined it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
            OR you can use this picture http://xs233.xs.to/xs233/08466/01659...20x1080320.jpg
            As it's grey it makes it look like you are standing on the moon, with the earth behind you.
            Its cool
            That's cool. Didn't realise you could use your own pics in the background now. Will try that later.

Didn't occur to me it was the logo Boris. Still, grey's a dull colour to fill half the screen with.

Comment

I'd of thought you'd of been admiring that real time lighting on it.
              The silver makes sense, it is gonna go with more themes than Green or Orange would of.

Comment

A quick question about game installs, i have 2 consoles, and 1 HDD with the profile installed, if i install games onto the HDD, can they only be run from the same console, regardless that its the same HDD and profile? as a notice just came up that since i installed RB2 on one console then went to play it from the other, it would be loading from the disc only. all help is appreciated, as i dont see the point of limiting it to the console only.

thanks

aaron

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  I'd of thought you'd of been admiring that real time lighting on it.
                  The silver makes sense, it is gonna go with more themes than Green or Orange would of.
                  If the lighting was impressive, I'd have commented on it already

Discussing possible colours for the "globe", I think you're missing the point. NO colour would look good, as its bland and a complete waste of space. What would look better is.... well anything really. A texture would be nice. A translucent, rippling globe with the rest of your theme, which you PAID for, showing through underneath.

If you're happy with grey, then great. Personally I think it's an awful design decision. And the more I look at the NXE, the worse an experience it is. It's a typical MS interface to be honest, overblown and hard to navigate, taking ideas from other companies but not really "getting" it.

I've always got the mini-guide, so that's OK

Comment

Discussing possible colours for the "globe", I think you're missing the point. NO colour would look good, as its bland and a complete waste of space. What would look better is.... well anything really. A texture would be nice. A translucent, rippling globe with the rest of your theme, which you PAID for, showing through underneath.

If you're happy with grey, then great. Personally I think it's an awful design decision. And the more I look at the NXE, the worse an experience it is. It's a typical MS interface to be honest, overblown and hard to navigate, taking ideas from other companies but not really "getting" it.

It's faster and it works. I'm happy

Comment

After having to navigate Vista due to my pc not liking anything but and this latest dash I have to agree that they love throwing consumers into the deep end.....

Comment

"Wowzers!" was my initial reaction when I experienced the new dashboard. I quite like it.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx View Post
                          After having to navigate Vista due to my pc not liking anything but and this latest dash I have to agree that they love throwing consumers into the deep end.....
                          LOL. Yep. Vista. You can copy Apple, but you miss the essence! Just the file explorer in Vista with the strange left folder window puts me off. The main reason I'll be sticking with XP for as long as it's functional

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBekir View Post
                            A quick question about game installs, i have 2 consoles, and 1 HDD with the profile installed, if i install games onto the HDD, can they only be run from the same console, regardless that its the same HDD and profile? as a notice just came up that since i installed RB2 on one console then went to play it from the other, it would be loading from the disc only. all help is appreciated, as i dont see the point of limiting it to the console only.

thanks

aaron
                            I was about to post the same thing mate, this is a shocker. We have a few 360's in the house and I take my HDD to work to play sometimes so imagine my surprise when I put my HDD on the 360 in the front room to play COD and it said I had to delete and reinstall, very bad show and surely a pointless limitation as you have to have the game disc anyway.

Comment

exactly, i understand its profile locked etc, so i dont see how this benefits anyone, im going to have to just move the 360 each time! not happy bout this!

Comment

Why lock it to profiles or anything? You have to own the original disc to play it regardless. MS are probably worried someone will find a flaw to allow HDD copies so profile locking is an extra layer of security.

Comment

Working...
                                X